    The galaxy awaits as Cal Kestis embarks upon an epic journey in hopes of rebuilding the Jedi Order. Fight for your survival, explore the...
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Launch Trailer
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    This appears to be an Agatha Christie style whodunnit, complete with the suitably impressive cast-list. Not sure about Daniel Craig's...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom posted the thread Knives Out (2019) in AT THE MOVIES.
    Title: Knives Out Tagline: Hell, any of them could have done it. Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Crime, Drama, Comedy Director: Rian...
    • pThyQovXQrw2m0s9x82twj48Jq4.jpg
  • Major Tom
    CAS have said they can’t get involved at this stage. Manchester City have failed in an initial bid to have the Court of Arbitration for...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The NFL took swift and sharp action against Myles Garrett less than 24 hours after he forcefully removed the helmet of Mason Rudolph and...

Recommended Documentaries (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Zaxxon
  • ( Start date , 6 Replies)

Zaxxon

Zaxxon

I watched Three Identical Strangers last night after recording it way back in February. Absolutely brilliant piece of filmmaking that I’d strongly recommend. It reminded me how absorbing a great documentary can be and has whetted my appetite for more.

What would the learned scholars of the Forum Banter community recommend?

Ken Burns 'The Civil War' if you're in the least bit interested in American history. A Masterpiece IMHO.

  • Agree
Reactions: CaptainObvious

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
The King of Kong is a classic.
Obsession and the pursuit of excellence push diehard gamers to break World Records on classic arcade games like Q*bert, Joust, Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong. The film follows a middle school science teacher as he battles a hot sauce mogul for the Guinness World Record on the arcade classic Donkey Kong.

Precinct Seven Five is also very good.
Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn.

  • Like
Reactions: David76 and Best
Best

Best

I'll second the recommendation for The King of Kong and add American Movie, Capturing the Friedmans and Dark Days.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

The King of Kong is a classic.
Another shout for this.

Icarus. It's on Netflix and is about a Russian scientist exposing doping. It's absolutely brilliant. Goes from being about doping to just being mental.

The World at War. An oldie but a great documentary about WW2.

Just watched "Inside Bill Gates Brain" on Netflix. Decent enough. Take my hat off to the bloke. Genius.

This is a good free site for top documentaries