General RAGE 2 Confirmed

The rumours/leaks are true, RAGE 2 is happing and it's being developed by idSoftware and Avalanche Studios, the latter of which developed Mad Max, a game which seems to be closely linked with RAGE 2.

The game appears to be taking a very different form compared to its predecessor, Rage which released back in 2010. Brighter colours and a bigger focus on mayhem see the game look more awesome than ever and with the gameplay trailer coming tomorrow, we don’t have long to wait to see whats in store.

The reveal trailer below features no gameplay but there is plenty of CG to get you excited (maybe)! Check it out below.

I enjoyed the original Rage game but I'm not too sure I'll be rushing out to buy this.

Absolutely loved the first one, there was a real Mad Max apocalyptic vibe to it. Hopefully this sequel delivers but that promo video is truly awful.

It’s been a busy few days for Bethesda with all the Rage 2 teasers and leaks.

It was all capped off by the Rage 2 reveal trailer, released yesterday. The trailer’s over-the-top, pulpy presentation sadly didn’t leave any room for gameplay.

Bethesda is fixing this today with the release of the game’s first gameplay trailer. The video, which you can watch below, has a decent chunk of gameplay, showing off the shooting, movement, and the vehicle combat.

View media item 39
Alongside today’s trailer, Bethesda also revealed early details about the game. Rage 2 is set in an open-world, a wasteland of varied locations and many factions vying for control of what’s left of humanity.

You play as the last Ranger, Walker, and you’re going after many gangs as well as The Authority – an oppressive faction who took everything from Walker and left them for dead. Outside of shooting, you’ll also rely on a devastating elemental arsenal called Nanotrite powers.

Weapons seem like they’re going to play a big part of gameplay, as you’ll be able to upgrade them and push them beyond their limits with Overdrive. Vehicles too are a big focus, as is car combat. The list of driveable vehicles includes buggies, monster trucks, and gyrocopters.

134-27a3f32d8bb18d74681832ff54d81189.jpg 135-b84bca8a8141251d56a20d08909579a0.jpg 136-664d47fabd322cc12b8e6012fdb767ce.jpg 137-61738ec95249d4b3dfe4c65ab6f0bb74.jpg 138-dbb67bcb9ffe6abea956c0974b1e595d.jpg 139-5ed94a5336919443204ba7ef4aefe7fe.jpg 140-ec9d1d040bb1c2295429fca3cc90c57a.jpg 141-9c40058e2df9118aa7d23a5ae833b6b7.jpg

Rage 2 will be a big part of Bethesda’s E3 2018 showcase, and the publisher is promising fresh gameplay footage and lots more.

Doesn't look too bad to me, total bonkers but in a good way. I never played the first game though.

This looks like a cross between Borderlands, Mad Max and Bulletstorm

I liked RAGE. Got a bit repetitive after a while though. This could be good if it isn't just a Mad Max clone - that was repetitive too!

id Software studio director Tim Willits confirmed that Rage 2 is strictly a single-player game. At launch anyway.

"It's a single-player game," Tim responds. "We feel that we are offering many hours of game for the money, but we also want to have a longer tail on the game." Which means that the focus is to deliver a robust single-player game at launch. "We'll have some free updates," Tim adds. "And we'll have paid updates. We have some community things too, so you can kind of feel that you're part of a community. And we'll talk about those later. But our focus is single player."

The community aspect definitely sounds interesting, as does the reference to a longer tail. Meaning that Rage 2 is being developed in the style of a game as a service where support and updates continue for an extended period of time after launch. At its most basic level this could be an arcade-like time trial mode with leaderboards and so forth.

That looks really cool actually. Sort of Rage meets Fallout meets Borderlands.

First game was decent but very linear and not up to the standard you would have expected of ID, this looks very different, almost a sequel only in theme and name, rather than gameplay or content.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)