Pompeo Announces Demands For Iran (1 Viewer)

They really are trying to hurt Iran. These 12 demands can never be met.

•Close heavy water reactors
•Allow IAEA inspectors everywhere
•End ballistic missile
•Release US citizens
•End support to Hezbollah, Hamas, IJ, Houthis, Taliban (5 demands)
•Iran must withdraw from Syria
•Iran must support Iraq Gov, disarm Shia militias

He promised that the US would impose the "strongest sanctions in history" if Iran failed to comply with these demands.

Iran could pull out of the deal there no point staying in a deal when the US is trying it's best to destroy the economy of Iran. Will Europe stick up for Iran?

I don't think Europe should stick up for Iran but instead just ignore the US and continue as was. Trump needs to feel the effects of his ridiculous policies.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

I don't think Europe should stick up for Iran but instead just ignore the US and continue as was. Trump needs to feel the effects of his ridiculous policies.
I think the Iranians have said they're not interested in staying in the deal if it's Europe only

I think the Iranians have said they're not interested in staying in the deal if it's Europe only
Their loss really. If they aren't in a deal with Europe they'll be open to a lot more hostile acts. Although I thought they said the opposite?

I agree Europe should remain firm here.

Absurd demands, that they know Iran won't agree to, especially after the US already broke one deal. You build on trust, not on distrust as the Americans are trying to do. The US are itching for a war with Iran for some utterly insane reason. The US is perhaps the biggest force to destabilise the region right now.

Absurd demands, that they know Iran won't agree to, especially after the US already broke one deal. You build on trust, not on distrust as the Americans are trying to do. The US are itching for a war with Iran for some utterly insane reason. The US is perhaps the biggest force to destabilise the region right now.
Because it plays well with their base supporters. No other reason.

This is pointless aggressive move by the US. It undoes years of hard work.

Looking at the list, I find out funny they include the Taliban who's primary source of funding and ideology is sponsored by the Saudis - whom Trump is in bed with.

Just more evidence that this administration doesn't know the climate it is operating in (or perhaps they don't care). I've had students with a better understanding of the situation in the Middle-East than has been demonstrated by the US.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...