Playstation/Sony Playstation Now Game Streaming Service

Sony is reportedly gearing up for a major addition to its PlayStation Now game streaming service.

After some PlayStation Now members spotted a download feature for some of the games in their queue last week, a report has now come in to suggest that this wasn’t in fact an error.

According to Kotaku UK, Sony will allow subscribers to download PS Now games in late September. Initially, this will only be available for PlayStation 4 games.

The PlayStation Now library includes games across PS2, PS3, and of course PS4, which means a large – and arguably more important – chunk of the service’s offering will still require an internet connection to play.

It’s not clear if Sony plans to expand the download feature to the rest of the library. The report also reveals that PS4 games on PS Now will work in a similar way to how PlayStation Plus games currently do. In other words, you’ll be able to download and play them for as long as you have a valid subscription.

Other limitations found in Plus games like only being able to play them offline on your primary PS4, are also said to carry over to PS Now. This also means more than one user can play these games on the same console.

If the new feature is indeed rolling out in September, we’re hopeful Sony will announce it sooner rather than later.

This new development is incredibly interesting, as it’s more or less a sign that the company is feeling some pressure from Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service, which not only offers full downloads of games, it’s also a good way to play first-party titles on their day of release.

We’re probably not going to see the same on PS Now for a while, but it’s a step in the right direction. For reference, Xbox Game Pass’ library includes Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, all of which can be played offline.

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer