Drama Peaky Blinders

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Peaky Blinders

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2013-09-12

Creator: Steven Knight

Cast: Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, Helen McCrory, Sophie Rundle, Joe Cole, Finn Cole, Aimee-Ffion Edwards, Jordan Bolger, Adrien Brody, Aidan Gillen, Dave Simon

Overview: A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.

Peaky Blinders is moving to BBC one for its 5th season and the 6th and 7th seasons are confirmed.

Peaky Blinders is set to get even bigger after the BBC moved the period gangster thriller from BBC Two to BBC One.

The scheduling move will likely mean that Steven Knight’s drama, centred around the Shelby crime family, will add to the 3.6M audience that tuned in for the finale of season four. That season was the period saga’s highest-rated ever and BBC Two’s most-watched drama of 2017. It recently scored Knight, who is already an Oscar nominee for 2004’s Dirty Pretty Things, his first BAFTA nomination in the Drama Writing category.

BBC Director of Content Charlotte Moore revealed that it was moving the Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Productions drama to the BBC’s main channel during the Edinburgh International TV festival.

She said that it was “cult viewing” among younger audiences and wants to take advantage of that. “When a show really pops like that, it feels like a really good moment to put it on the biggest channel in the country,” she said.

However, Moore said that there would be no change in the plot, presumably no slowing down of the violence, as a result of the move.

Knight said, “I am thrilled that our precious Peaky Blinders is moving to BBC One. Peaky is a show nurtured and grown by the audience who have found us through word of mouth. Hopefully this move will help us reach even more people.”

Caryn Mandabach added, “Peaky Blinders has touched the minds and hearts of everyone who’s watched it and we are honoured to bring a whole new audience with us as we move our merry gang to BBC One for the next series.”

Season 5 is due for air on BBC Two in 2019. Netflix holds U.S. rights. Anthony Byrne was recently set to direct.

In May, Knight said that season 5 is not the last season and, he’s been approached about a spinoff ballet version of the epic gangster series. He also revealed that the show was coming back for seasons 6 and 7.

“We’ve talked to Cillian Murphy and he’s all for it, and the rest of the principal cast are in for it,” he said.

The writer added that he’s been in talks with the Rambert dance company, Britain’s oldest which gave its first performance in 1926. “I had a meeting with Rambert because they said they were interested in turning Peaky Blinders into a ballet,” Knight said. “I don’t know where they would do it, but there was a view to premiering it here in Birmingham.”

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust Wenger was doing an amazing job working with...
    David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m. He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have...
  • Major Tom
    Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have issued a joint statement the 25% tariff proposed by the Trump administration against Chinese goods...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years