Drama Peaky Blinders

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Peaky Blinders

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2013-09-12

Creator: Steven Knight

Cast: Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, Helen McCrory, Sophie Rundle, Joe Cole, Finn Cole, Aimee-Ffion Edwards, Jordan Bolger, Adrien Brody, Aidan Gillen, Dave Simon

Overview: A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.

Peaky Blinders is moving to BBC one for its 5th season and the 6th and 7th seasons are confirmed.

Peaky Blinders is set to get even bigger after the BBC moved the period gangster thriller from BBC Two to BBC One.

The scheduling move will likely mean that Steven Knight’s drama, centred around the Shelby crime family, will add to the 3.6M audience that tuned in for the finale of season four. That season was the period saga’s highest-rated ever and BBC Two’s most-watched drama of 2017. It recently scored Knight, who is already an Oscar nominee for 2004’s Dirty Pretty Things, his first BAFTA nomination in the Drama Writing category.

BBC Director of Content Charlotte Moore revealed that it was moving the Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Productions drama to the BBC’s main channel during the Edinburgh International TV festival.

She said that it was “cult viewing” among younger audiences and wants to take advantage of that. “When a show really pops like that, it feels like a really good moment to put it on the biggest channel in the country,” she said.

However, Moore said that there would be no change in the plot, presumably no slowing down of the violence, as a result of the move.

Knight said, “I am thrilled that our precious Peaky Blinders is moving to BBC One. Peaky is a show nurtured and grown by the audience who have found us through word of mouth. Hopefully this move will help us reach even more people.”

Caryn Mandabach added, “Peaky Blinders has touched the minds and hearts of everyone who’s watched it and we are honoured to bring a whole new audience with us as we move our merry gang to BBC One for the next series.”

Season 5 is due for air on BBC Two in 2019. Netflix holds U.S. rights. Anthony Byrne was recently set to direct.

In May, Knight said that season 5 is not the last season and, he’s been approached about a spinoff ballet version of the epic gangster series. He also revealed that the show was coming back for seasons 6 and 7.

“We’ve talked to Cillian Murphy and he’s all for it, and the rest of the principal cast are in for it,” he said.

The writer added that he’s been in talks with the Rambert dance company, Britain’s oldest which gave its first performance in 1926. “I had a meeting with Rambert because they said they were interested in turning Peaky Blinders into a ballet,” Knight said. “I don’t know where they would do it, but there was a view to premiering it here in Birmingham.”

  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    I've only played a tiny amount of time so far and I'm only at Level 3 :( Played for about an hour last night, came across an area with...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread The Donald Trump Thread.
    Since Trump's mother was from Scotland, the Mueller Report seems to be in the "Not Proven" legal code. BTW that's a loooong way from...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's blog entry Sisterly Love with Like Like.
    So funny. Just witnessed my first sister fight between the girls, Marley was shouting all frustrated and then pulled Indies hair and...
  • Gemma
    Gemma posted a comment on the blog entry Sisterly Love.
    Awww, bless them, poor wee Indie. That's how it starts with younger sisters - probably why my mum had twins lol Marley-Rae is growing...
  • Connie
    Connie reacted to Indigo's blog entry Sisterly Love with Haha Haha.
    So funny. Just witnessed my first sister fight between the girls, Marley was shouting all frustrated and then pulled Indies hair and...
  • Connie
    Connie posted a comment on the blog entry Sisterly Love.
    OMG! 😭 Wait until she’s on her feet. Then the fun will really begin. You’ll be mother aka referee :ROFLMAO:
  • Connie
    Connie replied to the thread In The Style Deliveries.
    I've ordered from them hun, they have always been spot on
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Donald Trump Thread.
    "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." Attorney General William...
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread The Donald Trump Thread with Informative Informative.
    Not enough evidence to indict on obstruction of justice, no evidence that Trump was in bed with Russia. Doesn't mean Mueller...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Not too surprising. And from his Instagram