TV Chat Patrick Stewart Reprising Picard Role In New Star Trek Series (1 Viewer)

Sir Patrick Stewart to reprise Star Trek role Jean-Luc Picard for a new TV show.

Hopefully this won't be a major disappointment. I will truly wait to pass any judgment until I see it. But I just hope this Captain Jean-Luc Picard is still the Picard I remember and loved from 20 years a go.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 02:00
Jun 26, 2018

The important thing he's more or less advising in the above video is that it won't be business as usual, in terms of Picard being a Captain on the bridge of a Starship. The character will have been changed, given 20 years for him will have passed.

I've a feeling we'll see a tired, worn out Jean-Luc at first, apathetic towards the world around him after suffering some form of personal loss. However, someone will rekindle his fire and passion, and he will come out of hiding for one final adventure....not dissimilar to The Last Jedi I feel.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Great news. Make it so!

Really really looking forward to what they do with this. From the video he seems very hands on with the project which I'd hope means it'll be good.

Hopefully this won't be a major disappointment. I will truly wait to pass any judgment until I see it. But I just hope this Captain Jean-Luc Picard is still the Picard I remember and loved from 20 years a go.
I've a feeling we'll see a tired, worn out Jean-Luc at first, apathetic towards the world around him after suffering some form of personal loss. However, someone will rekindle his fire and passion, and he will come out of hiding for one final adventure....not dissimilar to The Last Jedi I feel.
Was there not something somewhere about him eventually becoming ambassador to Qu'onos? or was that just one of the books?

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Excellent news, still got all the TNG episodes on VHS

The crew of the USS Enterprise boldly went for a meal together, and here’s the cute “Star Trek: The Next Generation” cast reunion photo to prove it:

Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc-Picard), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi), LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge), Gates McFadden (Beverly Crusher), Brent Spiner (Data) and Michael Dorn (Worf) feature in the snap that Sirtis shared to Twitter on Sunday.

“The gang’s all here,” she wrote. “Well most of them anyway.”

Burton also shared a few snaps of the get-together online:

This will likely whetted their appetite for CBS’ upcoming series about “the next chapter of Picard’s life.”