TV Chat Patrick Stewart Reprising Picard Role In New Star Trek Series

Hopefully this won't be a major disappointment. I will truly wait to pass any judgment until I see it. But I just hope this Captain Jean-Luc Picard is still the Picard I remember and loved from 20 years a go.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018

The important thing he's more or less advising in the above video is that it won't be business as usual, in terms of Picard being a Captain on the bridge of a Starship. The character will have been changed, given 20 years for him will have passed.

I've a feeling we'll see a tired, worn out Jean-Luc at first, apathetic towards the world around him after suffering some form of personal loss. However, someone will rekindle his fire and passion, and he will come out of hiding for one final adventure....not dissimilar to The Last Jedi I feel.

Really really looking forward to what they do with this. From the video he seems very hands on with the project which I'd hope means it'll be good.

Hopefully this won't be a major disappointment. I will truly wait to pass any judgment until I see it. But I just hope this Captain Jean-Luc Picard is still the Picard I remember and loved from 20 years a go.
I've a feeling we'll see a tired, worn out Jean-Luc at first, apathetic towards the world around him after suffering some form of personal loss. However, someone will rekindle his fire and passion, and he will come out of hiding for one final adventure....not dissimilar to The Last Jedi I feel.
Was there not something somewhere about him eventually becoming ambassador to Qu'onos? or was that just one of the books?

The crew of the USS Enterprise boldly went for a meal together, and here’s the cute “Star Trek: The Next Generation” cast reunion photo to prove it:

Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc-Picard), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi), LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge), Gates McFadden (Beverly Crusher), Brent Spiner (Data) and Michael Dorn (Worf) feature in the snap that Sirtis shared to Twitter on Sunday.

“The gang’s all here,” she wrote. “Well most of them anyway.”

Burton also shared a few snaps of the get-together online:

This will likely whetted their appetite for CBS’ upcoming series about “the next chapter of Picard’s life.”

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)