Drama Outlaw King (2018)

Title: Outlaw King (2018)

Tagline: Based on the untold true story

Genre: Drama, War, Action, History

Director: David Mackenzie

Cast: Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Florence Pugh, Tony Curran, Billy Howle, Callan Mulvey, Steven Cree, Daniel Campbell, Niall Greig Fulton, Stephen Dillane, James Cosmo, Duncan Lacroix, Alastair Mackenzie, Sam Spruell, Ron Donachie, Jonny Phillips, Jamie Sives, Lorne MacFadyen, Gavin Mitchell, Tam Dean Burn, Vicki Liddelle, Margaret Fraser, Stephen McCole, Clive Russell

Release: 2018-11-09

Runtime: 137

Plot: Forced into exile by the English after being crowned King of Scotland, legendary warrior Robert the Bruce fights to reclaim the throne.

shannon
Staff member

shannon

Aug 24, 2018
Looks good this one. Out on the 9th November on Netflix.

Rebel
Staff member

Rebel

Oct 17, 2018
This bored me senseless. A totally uncinematic story told in the most technically and stylistically bland way imaginable. It's amazing how much money went into this ($120 million!!) yet it still ends up feeling like a tv movie. The director seems to have prepared for it by studying Game of Thrones episodes.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Interesting enough, I didn't really know anything about Kildrummy Castle or the Loudoun Hill battle and it was quite entertaining.

Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?

Likes: Major Tom

Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?
I think I read somewhere that there were elements of the Bannockburn battle included in the Loudoun Hill one - probably the use of spikes and spears to thwart the horses.

Shame they didn't show the Battle of Bannockburn as it is a defining part of Scottish history

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)