Drama Outlaw King (2018)

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Outlaw King (2018)

Tagline: Based on the untold true story

Genre: Drama, War, Action, History

Director: David Mackenzie

Cast: Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Florence Pugh, Tony Curran, Billy Howle, Callan Mulvey, Steven Cree, Daniel Campbell, Niall Greig Fulton, Stephen Dillane, James Cosmo, Duncan Lacroix, Alastair Mackenzie, Sam Spruell, Ron Donachie, Jonny Phillips, Jamie Sives, Lorne MacFadyen, Gavin Mitchell, Tam Dean Burn, Vicki Liddelle, Margaret Fraser, Stephen McCole, Clive Russell

Release: 2018-11-09

Runtime: 137

Plot: Forced into exile by the English after being crowned King of Scotland, legendary warrior Robert the Bruce fights to reclaim the throne.

shannon

shannon

Looks good this one. Out on the 9th November on Netflix.

Rebel

Rebel

This bored me senseless. A totally uncinematic story told in the most technically and stylistically bland way imaginable. It's amazing how much money went into this ($120 million!!) yet it still ends up feeling like a tv movie. The director seems to have prepared for it by studying Game of Thrones episodes.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Interesting enough, I didn't really know anything about Kildrummy Castle or the Loudoun Hill battle and it was quite entertaining.

Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?
I think I read somewhere that there were elements of the Bannockburn battle included in the Loudoun Hill one - probably the use of spikes and spears to thwart the horses.

Shame they didn't show the Battle of Bannockburn as it is a defining part of Scottish history