Latest Posts

New Threads

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Drama Outlaw King (2018)

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Outlaw King (2018)

Tagline: Based on the untold true story

Genre: Drama, War, Action, History

Director: David Mackenzie

Cast: Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Florence Pugh, Tony Curran, Billy Howle, Callan Mulvey, Steven Cree, Daniel Campbell, Niall Greig Fulton, Stephen Dillane, James Cosmo, Duncan Lacroix, Alastair Mackenzie, Sam Spruell, Ron Donachie, Jonny Phillips, Jamie Sives, Lorne MacFadyen, Gavin Mitchell, Tam Dean Burn, Vicki Liddelle, Margaret Fraser, Stephen McCole, Clive Russell

Release: 2018-11-09

Runtime: 137

Plot: Forced into exile by the English after being crowned King of Scotland, legendary warrior Robert the Bruce fights to reclaim the throne.

shannon
Staff member

shannon

Today, 01:40
Aug 24, 2018
Looks good this one. Out on the 9th November on Netflix.

Rebel
Staff member

Rebel

Oct 17, 2018
This bored me senseless. A totally uncinematic story told in the most technically and stylistically bland way imaginable. It's amazing how much money went into this ($120 million!!) yet it still ends up feeling like a tv movie. The director seems to have prepared for it by studying Game of Thrones episodes.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Apr 15, 2018
Interesting enough, I didn't really know anything about Kildrummy Castle or the Loudoun Hill battle and it was quite entertaining.

Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Found it strange though that it ended after Loudoun Hill (1307) when surely the greatest triumph of Robert the Bruce and bigger story would have been the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?
I think I read somewhere that there were elements of the Bannockburn battle included in the Loudoun Hill one - probably the use of spikes and spears to thwart the horses.

Shame they didn't show the Battle of Bannockburn as it is a defining part of Scottish history

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)