Alternative Rock Only Revolutions (2009) (1 Viewer)

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Only Revolutions
Artist: Biffy Clyro
Genre: Rock
Released: 2009

Tracks:
1 - The Captain - 3:45
2 - That Golden Rule - 3:52
3 - Bubbles - 5:03
4 - God & Satan - 3:12
5 - Born on a Horse - 2:51
6 - Mountains - 3:23
7 - Shock Shock - 3:06
8 - Many of Horror (When We Collide) - 4:21
9 - Booooom, Blast and Ruin - 3:19
10 - Cloud of Stink - 2:58
11 - Know Your Quarry - 3:31
12 - Whorses - 3:58
13 - Sky Demon - 3:28

Overview:
Only Revolutions is the fifth studio album by Scottish alternative rock band Biffy Clyro, released 9 November 2009 on 14th Floor Records. As with its predecessor, Puzzle, the album was produced by Garth Richardson. Upon release, Only Revolutions was a critical and commercial success. The album entered at #8 on the UK Album Chart and was then certified gold by the BPI shortly afterwards. It was certified platinum by the BPI in June 2010 for shipments of 300,000 copies in the UK, making it the band's largest selling album. In September 2010, the album achieved a new peak position of #3. It was the 26th biggest selling album of 2010 in the UK with sales of 377,900. It was nominated for the 2010 Mercury Prize, which is awarded annually for the best album in the UK or Ireland, and Rock Sound declared it third in its list of the 75 best albums of 2009.

There first 3 albums were decent. Not listened to anything since then though. Saw them one New Year's Eve a few years ago in Edinburgh and thought they were terrible.

Aye, their first 3 albums are quite different from the rest. They started out more alternative, with a kind of slightly quirky, more raw and punchy sound and developed a large local cult following. Then moved a lot more mainstream with their following releases gaining a more popular and wide support, but to the ire of many of their original fans.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM