Alternative Rock Only Revolutions (2009)

Title: Only Revolutions
Artist: Biffy Clyro
Genre: Rock
Released: 2009

Tracks:
1 - The Captain - 3:45
2 - That Golden Rule - 3:52
3 - Bubbles - 5:03
4 - God & Satan - 3:12
5 - Born on a Horse - 2:51
6 - Mountains - 3:23
7 - Shock Shock - 3:06
8 - Many of Horror (When We Collide) - 4:21
9 - Booooom, Blast and Ruin - 3:19
10 - Cloud of Stink - 2:58
11 - Know Your Quarry - 3:31
12 - Whorses - 3:58
13 - Sky Demon - 3:28

Overview:
Only Revolutions is the fifth studio album by Scottish alternative rock band Biffy Clyro, released 9 November 2009 on 14th Floor Records. As with its predecessor, Puzzle, the album was produced by Garth Richardson. Upon release, Only Revolutions was a critical and commercial success. The album entered at #8 on the UK Album Chart and was then certified gold by the BPI shortly afterwards. It was certified platinum by the BPI in June 2010 for shipments of 300,000 copies in the UK, making it the band's largest selling album. In September 2010, the album achieved a new peak position of #3. It was the 26th biggest selling album of 2010 in the UK with sales of 377,900. It was nominated for the 2010 Mercury Prize, which is awarded annually for the best album in the UK or Ireland, and Rock Sound declared it third in its list of the 75 best albums of 2009.

There first 3 albums were decent. Not listened to anything since then though. Saw them one New Year's Eve a few years ago in Edinburgh and thought they were terrible.

Aye, their first 3 albums are quite different from the rest. They started out more alternative, with a kind of slightly quirky, more raw and punchy sound and developed a large local cult following. Then moved a lot more mainstream with their following releases gaining a more popular and wide support, but to the ire of many of their original fans.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)