NFL Clubs To Be Fined If Players Kneel (1 Viewer)

NFL clubs to be fined if players kneel

The move is unconstitutional. If the right keep claiming that people should be able to offend as they please under the matra of "free speech" then equally, NFL players should be allowed to express their feelings in relation to the anthem. In every sense the players are within their rights.

Any right winger who doesn’t understand that has the irony lost on them.

NY Jets owner has already said he'll pay for any fines his players receive for kneeling

NY Jets owner has already said he'll pay for any fines his players receive for kneeling
That is strange because the Jets voted to implement this policy.

Hopefully a few more will get behind it. The players union has an uneasy history with owners so it's good to see the “support”

That's very strange indeed.

"But Jets CEO Christopher Johnson, who voted for the new policy, said he will not fine or discipline his players if they choose to protest during the anthem”

https://eu.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/05/23/jets-ceo-christopher-johnson-wont-fine-players-new-anthem-policy/638224002/

This has turned into a bit of a PR disaster for the NFL. The owners have admitted that Trump's pressure played a part in the decision.

NFL execs admit pressure from Trump a factor on anthem policy

Many of those who are most vocal about being 'insulted' by these protests are the same who throw around terms like 'snowflake' when it suits them. The hypocrisy is quite funny especially when you add in all the other 'disrespect' to the flag/anthem that occurs on a regular basis and they ignore.

Protests aren't meant to make people feel comfortable and I don't believe those who feign to be offended are who they wanted to reach with this protest anyway. Despite the attempts to muddy the waters this protest has brought huge awareness to the topic which is unlikely to be replicated if it took another form

Zidane

Zidane

Rumours some players will sit our the season until Kap/Eric Reid get signed.

A rumour Titans Rishard Matthews is one of those players

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM