TV Chat Netflix Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Netflix Recommendations.

Following in the tradition of the old thread on General Chatter, this thread is for recommending films and tv shows on Netflix. However, please keep in mind that this is not the only place to discuss Netflix and we encourage you to take in-depth discussion of Netflix content to the relevant thread or forum (At The Movies or On The Box).

So... what's good on Netflix?

netflix-recommendations-feat4.jpg

  • Like
Reactions: Soon and Major Tom

The 4th Company
In a violent prison in 1970s Mexico, a young inmate lands a spot on a football team that doubles as an enforcer squad for a corrupt administration.

Flint Town - Flew through it this week, thought it was excellent. I would love to see one from the Fire Dept's perspective as well.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Flint Town - Flew through it this week, thought it was excellent. I would love to see one from the Fire Dept's perspective as well.
This is on my to watch list. I watched Seven Five at last weekend and it was excellent. The main guy is actually nuts!!!!! He still is. A complete sociopath.

Icarus

This is one of the best documentaries I have ever watched. It’s about doping in sports.

Shot in the Dark is excellent. Watched it over the past week on night shift.

8 part doc following "stringers" (press) who compete in LA to get to car crashes/crime scenes to get the story. Fascinating viewing. One of the companies is a group of brothers who moved from the UK to do it.

Shelby

Shelby

I'm enjoying Alias Grace. It has been on my list for ages but something kept putting me off. It's well worth the watch.

Not just for the fascinating story but the way Grace speaks, how she tells her story, the accent, intonation, turn of phrase, is beautiful. I could listen to her all day. The acting is brilliant. The story itself is unravelling at a very good pace.

Godless is brilliant. The episodes just get better and better when you get more into the stories.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Operation Odessa is great.

This is a true crime documentary featuring a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who sold a Soviet submarine to a Colombian drug cartel for $35 million. A mid-'90s gangster epic that hopscotches from Brooklyn to Miami and Cali to Moscow, the film tells the story of three friends who set out to hustle the Russian mob, the Cali cartel and the DEA for the score of a lifetime.
The characters involved are very likeable and one or two stories they told about the whole escapade were hilarious.

There's been so many great documentaries and shows about that particular era stemming from Florida and the cartel activity there during the time.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...