    Major Tom replied to the thread Unbelievable.
    Binge watched this over the weekend. Excellent show. Had never heard of the case.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom posted the thread Unbelievable in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Unbelievable Genre: Drama Creator: Susannah Grant Cast: Toni Collette, Merritt Wever, Kaitlyn Dever, Annaleigh Ashford...
    • jHOrNJNM03Lsjdw7nsw7TlqBOhd.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom posted the thread Borderlands 3 in VIDEO GAME CHAT, REVIEWS, TIPS & GUIDES.
    [IMAGE_RIGHT][/IMAGE_RIGHT]Borderlands 3 is a loot-driven first-person shooter. Players, either playing alone or in parties up to four...
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_2.59.20_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_2.59.27_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_3.00.36_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_3.00.55_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_3.01.36_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_3.01.40_PM.png
    • Screen_Shot_2019-03-28_at_3.02.19_PM.png
    • 510BbA0eRbL.jpg
  • Major Tom
    A Psycho cult threatens to tear the galaxy a new one. They’ll have to get through you first. Borderlands 3 is now available...
    Borderlands 3 - Official Cinematic Launch Trailer: "Let's Make Some Mayhem"
  • Major Tom
    Resident Evil spin-off Project Resistance may be a 4v1 multiplayer game, but you can also expect an offline narrative mode. Speaking...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom added the media item Project Resistance Gameplay Overview to Video Games.
    Project Resistance the 4v1 game thats on its way, Heres a gameplay overview of Project Resistance. #ProjectResistance #4v1
    Project Resistance Gameplay Overview
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    49ers defense is winning them games. A team that turns the ball over 5 times shouldn't be winning a ball game but they did and they are 3-0
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Some good looking young QBs playing in the late games. Jones, Allen and Murray all showing up well. Jimmy Garoppolo isn't having a...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The Chargers play in a 27,000 seat stadium and still there are empty seats everywhere
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    49ers offense doing a great job moving the ball and then another turnover, up to four turnovers and another one recovered. A mix of...

Need for Speed: Heat (1 Viewer)

Ghost Games has revealed Need for Speed: Heat, due for release November 8 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. If you have EA Access or Origin you can get behind the wheel on November 5.

“Need for Speed Heat sends fans to Palm City, a brand-new open world where street racers have gathered to make their names known,” said EA.

“By day, players compete in the Speedhunters Showdown, a sanctioned competition where they earn Bank to customize and upgrade their garage of high-performance cars. At night, players risk it all to build their Rep in underground races where a rogue police task force roams the streets, ready to take racers down and swipe all their earnings. The roads, the risks, and the rides never end in this street racer where a player can roll deep with their crew, build their garage full of hot cars, and make the city their nonstop playground.”

Need for Speed: Heat pre-order bonuses

Pre-order the standard edition of Need for Speed: Heat and you’ll get a K.S Edition styled Mitsubishi Evolution X. Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition adds three K.S Edition styled cars (BMW i8 Coupe, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe, Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport), access to exclusive deluxe edition character clothing, and increased earnings of in-game currencies Bank and Rep.

Anyone who pre-orders Need for Speed Heat in-game from Need for Speed Payback on any format will also get a 10% discount as a Loyalty Reward.

nfs_heat_first_screen-1152x648.jpg

From the dev blog:
By now you’ve seen the reveal trailer (that's it above) and your mind is surely spinning with a number of questions and thoughts, let’s scratch that itch a bit.

Your freedom flows under the veil of darkness, but it comes with a risk. Where there is a risk, there is a reward, so it’s your call.

By day you’ll be competing for bank in the Speedhunter Showdown. A series of events that will have you racing and drifting your way to a big payday. When the sun goes down the heat levels rise.

As the night sky settles across Palm City you’ll be wanting to swap out legitimate events for those of a more underground nature.

Tear up the rulebook and the streets to make them your own. You might be building up your bank balance during the day, but at night is when your REP will be on the line. Take the risks and you’ll own the night.

Cops (cops, cops!) patrol Palm City with various levels of aggression, with their behaviour altering based on the time of day. During the day the Palm City PD will have a more casual presence. They’ll still be there as an ever present threat, but leave them alone and they’ll return the favour.

Once the city descends into darkness, the rulebook changes and you’re not the only ones breaking the rules. As the sun goes down, a rogue task force comes out to play. This task force, led by the ever so charming Lt. Mercer, will need no excuse to hunt you, and your car down. You’ll be meeting more of Mercer and his squad as you play through NFS Heat.

Push your car, and your nerves to the limit as you risk it all. Make one wrong move and your night is over. This is survival of the fastest, hold your nerve and don’t slow down.

The choice between day and night is entirely your call. Had enough of the day? Then simply head to your garage and you’ll be given the option to leave within the veil of darkness. From there you can make your own rules. Play by your rulebook, take chances and take home the prize.

It wouldn’t be NFS without customisation and you’ll be taking your car to new levels of personalization. We’ll be giving more details on this at gamescom next week, so no spoilers just yet.

What we can confirm is that customisation options are earned through the completion of in-game events. For example, you spot a street race on your map and notice it has a new performance part up for grabs. Win the race, win the part. Speed cards from NFS Payback are gone.

Fancy some gameplay? Be sure to keep an eye on the gamescom: Opening Night Live where you’ll get your first look of NFS Heat in action, including cops, day and night events, the garage, customization and our brand new handling model.
Will wait for more at Gamescom, and I really do hope they get this right.

"What we can confirm is that customisation options are earned through the completion of in-game events. For example, you spot a street race on your map and notice it has a new performance part up for grabs. Win the race, win the part. Speed cards from NFS Payback are gone."

Good to see Speedcards are gone, but still racing for parts rather than cash to buy your own parts. Unless they're something special that you can't purchase in game, it sounds like an area they could monitise. I'll reserve judgement until more details are out.

And from the developer on Reddit
World does have variety. It's my own personal favourite NFS world to date.
Cops are back yes, big time.
Day and night depends on what you want to do while playing. Both have their own pros and cons.
Speed cards, yes, 100% gone
Handling. Expect grip to be a lot better. Play it at gamescom next week.
Visuals. It looks better than Payback.
The game is called NFS Heat.
When you get busted at night, your night is over. It's back to the day for you.
Customisation, we've got some new bits but more on that later on.
I like how if you get busted at night, you get booted to day time although I'm sure you can just go to your garage and skip to night again but adds a bit of risk to night racing. I read you can gamble rep which you earn at night as well so might be some high stake races.

I hope there's no Off-Road racing, hate when that gets tacked on.

Tentatively excited (I do enjoy my racing games!).

The handling will be a make or break for me - like a balance between arcade and simulation (not Burnout, but not iRacing!).

Interesting idea with the day/night cycle although amusing that a famous racer will get arrested after leading cops on a pursuit at night and that'll be that!.

Ugly car with a horrendous spoiler. Volvo must have paid EA money to make that the cover car. Fairly shit collectors edition.

ffdwuz2rrfg31.jpg

Jason

Jason

I do like the idea of the switch between night and day. Nice to see Juicebox stickers get included in the game as well.

In-game capture

r33qce1czfg31.jpg

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit

It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to be good.