Rock Music From Big Pink (1968) (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter I0ThousandFists
  • ( Start date , 1 Replies)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Music From Big Pink
Artist: The Band
Genre: Rock
Released: 1968

Tracks:
1 - Tears of Rage - 5:23
2 - To Kingdom Come - 3:22
3 - In a Station - 3:34
4 - Caledonia Mission - 2:59
5 - The Weight - 4:38
6 - We Can Talk - 3:06
7 - Long Black Veil - 3:06
8 - Chest Fever - 5:18
9 - Lonesome Suzie - 4:04
10 - This Wheel's on Fire - 3:14
11 - I Shall Be Released - 3:19
12 - Yazoo Street Scandal (outtake) - 4:01
13 - Tears of Rage (alternate take) - 5:32
14 - Katie's Been Gone (outtake) - 2:46
15 - If I Lose (outtake) - 2:29
16 - Long Distance Operator (outtake) - 3:58
17 - Lonesome Suzie (alternate take) - 3:00
18 - Orange Juice Blues (Blues for Breakfast) (outtake - demo) - 3:40
19 - Key to the Highway (outtake) - 2:28
20 - Ferdinand the Imposter (outtake - demo) - 3:59

Overview:
Music from Big Pink is the debut studio album by The Band. Released in 1968, it employs a distinctive blend of country, rock, folk, classical, R&B, and soul. The music was composed partly in "Big Pink", a house shared by Rick Danko, Richard Manuel and Garth Hudson in West Saugerties, New York. The album itself was recorded in studios in New York and Los Angeles in 1968, and followed the band's backing of Bob Dylan on his 1966 tour (as The Hawks) and time spent together in upstate New York recording material that was officially released in 1975 as The Basement Tapes, also with Dylan.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...