Mouse and Keyboard Support In Latest Xbox One Preview

Today Microsoft announced that a new Xbox One software update is rolling out to the alpha ring of the preview program.

The new update for November will bring keyboard and mouse support, allowing developers to build into their games the ability to play with PC-like peripherals if they so wish. This is entirely at the developers’ discretion, so you won’t be able to use them with games that aren’t purposely coded with the feature in mind. Warframe will be the first game that will allow players to test it “in the coming weeks.”

More information on this will be provided at XO18 on November 10th.

Of course, that’s not all that is coming with the update:

Search will now include more sources

Search in guide is expanding to include assist info and games you have “Ready to Install” or currently own as part of your memberships, including Xbox Game Pass, EA Access, and more! It makes it easier than ever to find the game you are looking for and start playing.

Experiments - A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features in addition to what’s listed above. These are designed to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a more focused group.

As always, thanks to all the Xbox Insiders for your feedback. Your insight and input is both critical and crucial to making a better Xbox experience for gamers around the world.

Fixes

My Games and Apps
Fixed navigation issues in My Games and Apps that caused some users not able to select certain tiles in their collection.
We have fixed the issue users were experiencing with the crashing of games or the Youtube app when you are either launching or resuming the Youtube app and switching between games and the app.

System
System Memory and Performance fixes in this build to help with system and spatial audio performance.

Known Issues

Avatars
It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.

Media remote
The volume up and down is not functioning when using the media remote. Workaround – Use your TV remote or voice controls.

My Games and Apps
We are tracking an issue in which game and app updates are not automatically downloading and installing.

Power
We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.

Profile Color
Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Virtual Keyboard
Predictive text in not working in the Virtual Keyboard.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)