Mouse and Keyboard Support In Latest Xbox One Preview (1 Viewer)

Today Microsoft announced that a new Xbox One software update is rolling out to the alpha ring of the preview program.

The new update for November will bring keyboard and mouse support, allowing developers to build into their games the ability to play with PC-like peripherals if they so wish. This is entirely at the developers’ discretion, so you won’t be able to use them with games that aren’t purposely coded with the feature in mind. Warframe will be the first game that will allow players to test it “in the coming weeks.”

More information on this will be provided at XO18 on November 10th.

Of course, that’s not all that is coming with the update:

Search will now include more sources

Search in guide is expanding to include assist info and games you have “Ready to Install” or currently own as part of your memberships, including Xbox Game Pass, EA Access, and more! It makes it easier than ever to find the game you are looking for and start playing.

Experiments - A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features in addition to what’s listed above. These are designed to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a more focused group.

As always, thanks to all the Xbox Insiders for your feedback. Your insight and input is both critical and crucial to making a better Xbox experience for gamers around the world.

Fixes

My Games and Apps
Fixed navigation issues in My Games and Apps that caused some users not able to select certain tiles in their collection.
We have fixed the issue users were experiencing with the crashing of games or the Youtube app when you are either launching or resuming the Youtube app and switching between games and the app.

System
System Memory and Performance fixes in this build to help with system and spatial audio performance.

Known Issues

Avatars
It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.

Media remote
The volume up and down is not functioning when using the media remote. Workaround – Use your TV remote or voice controls.

My Games and Apps
We are tracking an issue in which game and app updates are not automatically downloading and installing.

Power
We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.

Profile Color
Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Virtual Keyboard
Predictive text in not working in the Virtual Keyboard.