Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Title: Molly's Game (2017)

Tagline: Deal with her.

Genre: Crime, Drama

Director: Aaron Sorkin

Cast: Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Kevin Costner, Michael Cera, Jeremy Strong, Chris O'Dowd, Bill Camp, Samantha Isler, Piper Howell, Brian d'Arcy James, J.C. MacKenzie, Graham Greene, Matthew D. Matteo, Joe Keery, Natalie Krill, Claire Rankin, Madison McKinley, Khalid Klein, Victor Serfaty, Jon Bass, Angela Gots, Michael Kostroff, Elisa Moolecherry, Chris Owens, Robert B. Kennedy, Mary Ashton, Morgan David Jones, Joseph Brooks, Mariah Owen, Duane Murray, Bo Martyn, Todd Thomas Dark, David Lafontaine, Frank Falcone, Timothy Mooney, Linette Doherty, Stephanie Purpuri, Whitney Peak, Melanie Hubert, Vladimir Tsyglian, Ross Carter, Chris Boyle, Josh Smitheram, Rachel Skarsten, Ari Cohen, Bruno Verdoni

Release: 2017-12-21

Runtime: 140

Plot: Molly Bloom, a young skier and former Olympic hopeful becomes a successful entrepreneur (and a target of an FBI investigation) when she establishes a high-stakes, international poker game.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Knew nothing of the story so found it fascinating.

Zaxxon
Staff member

Zaxxon

I watched the movie and enjoyed it - though I am not familiar with the true story?

I have a question though, why did player x move the game and get rid of Molly? Was it because he felt that she didn't flirt with him or because he knew she knew he was racketeering and so would have one over him?

In any event I enjoyed it though not my usual cuppa tea - I felt it was edgy and fast and nicely shot.

I have a question though, why did player x move the game and get rid of Molly?
He was just extremely greedy and spiteful, he thought Molly was making too much on tips, and he got mad that she wouldn't get on top of a desk and bark like a seal for a 1k chip (which was in the book but not the movie). I dunno why they didn't go more into it, was the most interesting part of the book for me.

Maybe afraid Tobey Maguire would sue them.