Microsoft to combine Xbox LIVE and Game Pass? (1 Viewer)

Microsoft is reportedly working on a new subscription service that bundles Xbox Live Gold together with Xbox Game Pass.

The service, dubbed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, is said to cost $15 per month. The news was first reported by Twitter user h0x0d, before The Verge confirmed it with its own sources.

$15 is $5 less than what users would pay for the two services combined, and it makes a lot of sense. H0x0d says Xbox Insiders will be able to try it out at just $1 until it’s available to everyone else.

The Xbox One S All-Digital edition, the disc-less console, is said to be unveiled later this month alongside the service. A disc-less console would need to rely on exclusively on digital games, and Game Pass would be an excellent starting point.

Microsoft may even decide to bundle the upcoming console with one or three months of Game Pass Ultimate to make it a more interesting proposition. Nevertheless, it’s clear Microsoft’s transformation into a services company is starting to take shape on Xbox.

Hopefully, this isn't just a deal that will be available in North America. Inside Xbox is back on Tuesday, should be an announcement then.

Microsoft has officially announced Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Update: During this week’s episode of Inside Xbox, Microsoft officially revealed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. As the leaks suggested (more on that below), the service is essentially a bundle of Xbox Live Gold, and Game Pass for one price.

That price being $15 a-month, which is $5 cheaper than paying for each service individually each month. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is currently available to select Insiders, but the service will roll out to the public later this year.

Game Pass Ultimate will be an option in all countries where base Game Pass is currently available.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...