Microsoft Teases An Xbox Backwards Compatability Update

Microsoft’s next episode of Inside Xbox will include the latest news on backwards compatibility.

During last year’s E3, Microsoft revealed backwards compatibility support for original Xbox games, and it was perhaps the best news from the entire conference.

Sadly, we’ve seen little in the way of progress since then, with only 13 games supported by the service. The good news is Microsoft hasn’t forgotten about backwards compatibility, and will be addressing the matter on its next episode of Inside Xbox.

“One of our most common requests is for Original Xbox Backward Compatibility news,” Microsoft said in an Xbox Wire news post, “and we’ll be starting off the show with a big update on just that.”

While backwards compatibility is one of the most-requested features from fans, Microsoft has faced difficulties making it a reality. Since these games relied on original Xbox code, simply porting them to modern TVs is far more difficult than expected. Couple that with an impressive back catalogue of compatible Xbox 360 games, and Xbox players have certainly felt like they’re left in the cold.

Thankfully, the most likely news we’ll get from Microsoft is that more Xbox games are being added to the backwards compatibility list. Here’s hoping it’s something worth the wait – we’ll find out on April 10, 2018.

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?