Xbox Microsoft Teases An Xbox Backwards Compatability Update

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Microsoft’s next episode of Inside Xbox will include the latest news on backwards compatibility.

During last year’s E3, Microsoft revealed backwards compatibility support for original Xbox games, and it was perhaps the best news from the entire conference.

Sadly, we’ve seen little in the way of progress since then, with only 13 games supported by the service. The good news is Microsoft hasn’t forgotten about backwards compatibility, and will be addressing the matter on its next episode of Inside Xbox.

“One of our most common requests is for Original Xbox Backward Compatibility news,” Microsoft said in an Xbox Wire news post, “and we’ll be starting off the show with a big update on just that.”

While backwards compatibility is one of the most-requested features from fans, Microsoft has faced difficulties making it a reality. Since these games relied on original Xbox code, simply porting them to modern TVs is far more difficult than expected. Couple that with an impressive back catalogue of compatible Xbox 360 games, and Xbox players have certainly felt like they’re left in the cold.

Thankfully, the most likely news we’ll get from Microsoft is that more Xbox games are being added to the backwards compatibility list. Here’s hoping it’s something worth the wait – we’ll find out on April 10, 2018.