Latest Community Activity

  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    I can't recommend Address Unknown by Kressman Taylor highly enough. It only takes about an hour to read it but in the current climate...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread The I-Land.
    The bit at the start of episode 2 was the limit for me.
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Surprisingly good fight for Fury last night. Fury looked really lethargic at times but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Great performance by Norwich. Well deserved. City are a nightmare in defence. Otamendi always has an error or two in him. Major blow...
  • Jason
    Jason replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just finished three books in the last week. I think they're the first books I've managed to finish in 6 months. 'Bleeding Hearts' (a...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread EA Access News and Discussions.
    A little over six months after releasing, EA has today announced that BioWare’s Anthem is now available for play through EA Access.
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    VAR has made four mistakes so far during the Premier League season, referees' chief Mike Riley has admitted. The mistakes identified...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    This was very much in keeping with the first film. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious...
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    Really enjoyed the first one. Going on Tuesday to see this.
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Operation Yellowhammer.
    Read the 15 point snapshot in The Times the other week and that was scary enough. This should really put the cat among the pigeons

Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Major Tom

Microsoft has formally announced that it is bringing its Netflix-style subscription service for games, Xbox Game Pass, to PC. Subscribers are able to access a rotating library of downloadable games for one monthly fee.

Xbox-Game-Pass-PC-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Even on PC, the service will be called Xbox Game Pass. Although it shares a name with the Xbox One version, the announcement makes clear that the PC library will be curated separately. The company calls it "a new experience that we are building together with the PC community." More details will be shared during Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference.

In the announcement from Xbox head Phil Spencer, Microsoft says the service will give subscribers access to a curated library of more than 100 PC games on Windows 10, representing publishers like Bethesda, Deep Silver, Devolver Digital, Paradox Interactive, and Sega. The company also committed to including new releases from Xbox Game Studios on the PC version of Game Pass on the day of release, just like the Xbox One service. The library will add new games every month. Game Pass members can also permanently purchase the games at up to a 20% discount in the Microsoft Store, and 10% off DLC.

The announcement also noted two other key initiatives for PC players. The first is bringing Xbox Game Studios games to the Steam storefront, starting with Gears 5 and the Age of Empires games. The company also committed to supporting Win32 games on the Microsoft Store for Windows.

"These are just a few of our steps in a journey to contribute to gaming on Windows 10," Spencer said. "We know that PC gamers want to see games, so I hope you'll join us at our annual Xbox E3 2019 Briefing on Sunday, June 9 to hear more, including the amazing lineup of new games and offers coming to PC players."

On Xbox One, the Game Pass service costs $10 / £8 / $11 AU per month for a similarly sized library of rotating games. It's developed a healthy reputation for having a solid library, including some indies on day one. It recently outlined plans for late May and early June, which includes day-one access to Void Bastards and Outer Wilds.

Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Microsoft announced Xbox Game Pass for PC last week. Today Focus Home Interactive confirmed it will be part of the program.

The next game coming from Focus Home Interactive is The Surge 2, slated for September 24. The company didn’t say whether or not the game would arrive on the service, but, the original was added to Xbox Game Pass back in April.

Focus Home is also partnering with 19 developers such as Dontnod, Saber Interactive, Deck13, Asobo Studio, Sumo Digital, and Gasket Games comprised of former Relic Entertainment and Blackbird Interactive veterans.

We’re likely to see many of those titles appear on the service for both Xbox One and PC. We’ll have to wait and see, though.