Game Reviews Mass Effect: Andromeda (1 Viewer)

Platform(s)
Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
Players
1
Co-op
No
Genre(s)
Role-Playing
Release Date
Mar 21, 2017
Developer
BioWare Corp.
Publisher
Electronic Arts
ESRB Rating
Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way. There, players will lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory as the Pathfinder - a leader of military-trained explorers. This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and player choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival.

There, you'll lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory - where we are the aliens. Play as the Pathfinder - a leader of a squad of military-trained explorers - with deep progression and customization systems. This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and your choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival in the Andromeda Galaxy.

As you unfold the mysteries of the Andromeda Galaxy and the hope for humanity lies on your shoulders You must ask yourself How far will you go?

I've started this then been distracted by other games but I'm back playing through Andromeda at the moment. I'm quite enjoying it to be honest.

I am really enjoying the main plot. It really picks up when you reach where Meridian used to be. The squadmate interactions are fantastic, and they're a few cutscenes focusing on the squadmates improving their relationships. Also, the combat is pretty good. I think ME2 has had the best gameplay out of all the games, but the gameplay in this game is on par with ME3. Another thing I liked about the game was the visuals of the planets. They are absolutely beautiful at times, particularly Havarl, as well as Meridian. There are also some beautiful cutscenes and some amazing scenes of space battles.

Things I haven't liked about the game. First is the technical issues. I saw a lot of reports of bad animations, and I didn't really have that problem, they were there, but not as bad as I had heard. I did have problems with some extreme frame rate issues. Sometimes things have not loaded correctly, including characters that would talk while they were inside walls or furniture. Most of the major bugs have been patched now though and over 2GB in patches have been issued since release.

The squadmates themselves aren't the best. They seem poorly written and I haven't become invested in them as I did in the previous games. The loyalty missions for the characters I did like, and to me, they were the only good side quests in the game. If you've played Dragon Age Inquisition the side quests in Andromeda are designed almost identically. I mentioned the worlds are nice to look at, but they are filled with boring things to do!

It's definitely not as poor as I expected it to be and you probably should judge a game solely by what the "experts" say.

Graphics Rating
4.00 star(s)
Story Rating
5.00 star(s)