Drama Mary Queen of Scots (2018)

  • Created By Thread starter Gromit

Title: Mary Queen of Scots (2018)

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Josie Rourke

Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie, Joe Alwyn, Guy Pearce, David Tennant, Jack Lowden, Maria Dragus, Eileen O'Higgins, Liah O'Prey, Izuka Hoyle, Brendan Coyle, Martin Compston, Gemma Chan, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Lee Starkey, Kal Sabir

Release: 2018-09-14

Plot: Mary Stuart attempts to overthrow her cousin Elizabeth I, Queen of England, only to find herself condemned to years of imprisonment before facing execution.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
Proper production values, etc, etc. Primed for Oscar season. Good trailer anyway.

Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Oct 6, 2018
I saw this on Friday and I thought it was very good.

I thought Margot Robbie was excellent, as was the guy playing Mary's half brother.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

I really enjoyed this film I have to say. Both Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie were excellent. My knowledge of the English monarchy is basic at best so I didn't notice many historical inaccuracies, though I know that Mary and Elizabeth I never met. I think that scene added to the film though, it would have seemed a bit unresolved if there wasn't a meeting.