Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2013-09-24

Creator: Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen

Cast: Iain De Caestecker, Ming-Na Wen, Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Córdova-Buckley

Overview: Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) puts together a team of agents to investigate the new, the strange and the unknown around the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary.

As great as the show currently is and as much as I would absolutely watch a Season 6, the way they're wrapping everything up and pulling in stuff from Season 1. It might be better to end it this season. This season in many ways does feel almost like a victory lap and a farewell, but also not resting on their laurels and still telling a great story.

If season 6 does go ahead, I'd like to see a shorter episode count, maybe 13, using the full budget of 22, and bill it as the final season.

I'd like to see a shorter episode count, maybe 13, using the full budget of 22, and bill it as the final season.
In this day and age, 22 episodes is a quickly ageing beast anyway. I'd speculate that's the most likely scenario, definitely the best compromise from a studio a bit hesitant to keep a show going: 13 episodes to make the most of the budget and wrap things up properly with one last hurrah.

I'll be sad to see it end if season 5 is indeed the show finale. As a show, it has got strong and strong with time and is definitely one of the better Marvel shows on TV.

Think a lot of us have been waiting for this announcement. Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a sixth season but will consist of just 13 episodes.

  • Like
Reactions: Sad Professor
Zidane

Zidane

I want lottery predictions from @Dylan and @David76 this week.

Delighted that this got renewed.

This season hasn’t been as strong as last year, but the cast are always fantastic, and really carry the show and more than make up for any shortcomings with the lackluster effects.

I think the 13 episode order count is perfect. I hope the writers can rediscover the magic from season 4, hopefully with a streamlined structure and budget they’ll nail a great ending and give the show a great send off, because it really deserves it.

Think a lot of us have been waiting for this announcement. Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a sixth season but will consist of just 13 episodes.
I'm happy with this news but I don't know if I'm excited or sad that it's 13
episodes. It's one of those shows that never felt stretched out with a full 22 episode season.

Jason

Jason

The first episode of Season 6 starts filming soon and the episode is titled "Missing Pieces".

Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson) is directing the episode.

Season 6 premiers July 2019.

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?