    Major Tom replied to the thread World on Fire.
    I really enjoyed the first episode not the normal cliche story and it looked fantastic as well
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Gemma's post in the thread World on Fire with Like Like.
    Has anyone been watching this? The scale of the show is pretty impressive, the fall of Warsaw was very well done. Some plots are better...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 21 October 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Geezer
    Geezer replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Disgraceful performance from the officials hand the Packers a win 23-22 over Detroit. The NFL should be known as flagball. A cod of a game
  • Geezer
    Geezer replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    I really enjoyed it, spent a lot of time doing the "what do we know him/her from" thing though! You should see him dressed as a smurf...
  • Geezer
    Geezer reacted to David76's post in the thread Game Listing No Man's Sky with Like Like.
    I kept going and only thing I noticed was some significant quality of life improvements.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    Good start. Really enjoyed that!
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread What Games Are You Currently Playing?.
    Playing Hellblade Senua, very creepy
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Batwoman.
    That reveal should have been a midseason cliffhanger not the end of the first episode
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    Seeing Lord Varys (Conleth Hill) with hair and a tie and swearing is surreal.

Talk Music Manic Street Preachers (2 Viewers)

What happened to them?

I just watched an interview with them on breakfast tv of all things. I loved the "Generation Terrorists" album. Post "Everything Must Go" they’ve become increasingly more embarrassing. They were at their best when James was trying to fit Richey's lyrics into a vocal.

They should call it a day.

I agree. They obviously mean well but have got progressively worse since the fantastic Holy Bible. Nicky as much as I respect him isn’t a quarter of the lyricist that Richey was.

I'd say Holy Bible, Generation Terrorists, Gold Against The Soul and some of Everything Must Go is all right (in that order).

Holy Bible, Everything Must Go and Generation Terrorists are my favourites. Gold Against the Soul is ok but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. After that, they became a different band.

From their newer stuff, I think that Journal For Plague Lovers is ok.

I think their last few albums have been fine, some decent tracks on all of them. Journal for Plague Lovers is very good but probably because it’s Richie’s lyrics again. The low point was definitely Know Your Enemy/Lifeblood period.

They’re still decent live too but play too much newer stuff and not enough Holy Bible stuff.