Latest Posts New Threads

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

What happened to them?

I just watched an interview with them on breakfast tv of all things. I loved the "Generation Terrorists" album. Post "Everything Must Go" they’ve become increasingly more embarrassing. They were at their best when James was trying to fit Richey's lyrics into a vocal.

They should call it a day.

I agree. They obviously mean well but have got progressively worse since the fantastic Holy Bible. Nicky as much as I respect him isn’t a quarter of the lyricist that Richey was.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

What are your recommendations for their best albums?

I'd say Holy Bible, Generation Terrorists, Gold Against The Soul and some of Everything Must Go is all right (in that order).

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Holy Bible, Everything Must Go and Generation Terrorists are my favourites. Gold Against the Soul is ok but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. After that, they became a different band.

From their newer stuff, I think that Journal For Plague Lovers is ok.

I think their last few albums have been fine, some decent tracks on all of them. Journal for Plague Lovers is very good but probably because it’s Richie’s lyrics again. The low point was definitely Know Your Enemy/Lifeblood period.

They’re still decent live too but play too much newer stuff and not enough Holy Bible stuff.