Talk Music Manic Street Preachers (1 Viewer)

What happened to them?

I just watched an interview with them on breakfast tv of all things. I loved the "Generation Terrorists" album. Post "Everything Must Go" they’ve become increasingly more embarrassing. They were at their best when James was trying to fit Richey's lyrics into a vocal.

They should call it a day.

I agree. They obviously mean well but have got progressively worse since the fantastic Holy Bible. Nicky as much as I respect him isn’t a quarter of the lyricist that Richey was.

I'd say Holy Bible, Generation Terrorists, Gold Against The Soul and some of Everything Must Go is all right (in that order).

Holy Bible, Everything Must Go and Generation Terrorists are my favourites. Gold Against the Soul is ok but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. After that, they became a different band.

From their newer stuff, I think that Journal For Plague Lovers is ok.

I think their last few albums have been fine, some decent tracks on all of them. Journal for Plague Lovers is very good but probably because it’s Richie’s lyrics again. The low point was definitely Know Your Enemy/Lifeblood period.

They’re still decent live too but play too much newer stuff and not enough Holy Bible stuff.

    I think Trippier could do well in Spain. He has very good technique his lack of pace lets him down. He had a very poor season last year...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    Google has clarified a few points regarding the launch and features of Stadia. In a Reddit AMA hosted by Stadia director of product...
  • Bandit
    Bandit posted the thread Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Releasing on Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC on May 15th, 2020
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    The ground effect cars will cost millions to develop and have absolutely no real world application either. It is a step in the right...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Tripper seems so much younger than he actually is at 28/29 in September Had a poor season last year, £20million is great business from...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    No idea how Hill got away without a suspension. They have him on tape threatening his girlfriend like. Insane.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill will not be suspended by the NFL after an investigation into alleged child abuse.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Agents of Shield season 7 will be its final season.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our...
    • mindhunter-2.jpg
    • mindhunter-4.jpg
    • mindhunter-5.jpg
    • mindhunter-6.jpg
    • mindhunter-13.jpg
    • mindhunter-16.jpg
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Mindhunter in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Mindhunter Genre: Drama, Crime Creator: Joe Penhall First aired: 2017-10-13 Overview: An agent in the FBI's Elite...
    • r7RIwuceOaDP4KTmU1EFeDniRq4.jpg