Football Manager of the Year 2017-18

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Who is your Manager of the Year?

  • Pep Guardiola

  • Sean Dyche

  • Rafa Benitez

  • Jurgen Klopp

  • Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guardiola will more than likely get this but would love to see Sean Dyche get it, an outstanding job he has done and could finish 6th yet. Non-exsistent budget, conceded very little, solid throughout and made Turf Moor a very tough place to go to.

Benitez on course for a top 10 finish with a really poor Newcastle squad and a tight-fisted owner.

Klopp, 3rd in the league, thrilling football and potentially could be in a Champions League final.

Honourable mention for Eddie Howe and Carlos Carvahal too.

Klopp for me. Other than Salah he has a bang average team who he has performing way above their level. Firmino has more than twice the amount of goals he has managed in his two previous seasons in the league. Salah has twice the number of goals he managed anywhere in his career. The two young full backs he's brought through have been fearless. I don't think any other manager would have them where they are.

Klopp for me. Other than Salah he has a bang average team who he has performing way above their level. Firmino has more than twice the amount of goals he has managed in his two previous seasons in the league. Salah has twice the number of goals he managed anywhere in his career. The two young full backs he's brought through have been fearless. I don't think any other manager would have them where they are.
I don't agree they are bang average but I agree another manager wouldn't have Liverpool near where they are.

Between Pep and Dyche, honourable mentions for Rafa and Eddie Howe. I'd give it to Pep, blew the opposition away and if he beats the all the time record, surely it's his.

Pep was expected to win the league or at least go very close. Dyche and Burnley were expected to be fighting relegation.

Pep has done a great job but Dyche has exceeded expectations hugely.

Dyche for me.

Sean Dyche for sure, on the basis of his very very limited budget, the character he has instilled in the side and not a bad brand of football either. Work ethic of the squad puts some of the big clubs to shame.

Zidane
Staff member Staff member

Zidane

I've gone for Dyche but I'd opt for Klopp it if he wins the Champions League with Liverpool. Dyche has exceeded expectations by a considerable distance. Most people thought that Burnley would be in a relegation battle this season but they are going to end up playing in Europe next season. Fantastic achievement.

Dylan
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Another shout for Sean Dyche.

In terms of the league and the league alone;

Dyche and Benitez have by definition over achieved. Burnley are within reaching distance of European football! Burnley! Benitez has dragged a horrific Newcastle team back to mid-table.

Pep was expected to win the league. Don't get me wrong they did it in style but with the money he spent on that team at the start of the season - any other outcome would be an underachievement.