Question Makeup Foundation For Holiday? (1 Viewer)

Any recommendations for makeup that won’t slide down my face in 5 minutes on a foreign holiday?

Do you have to wear full coverage foundation? I often use MAC Face & Body or Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation and some concealer where needed, works much better than full coverage I feel.

  • Like
Reactions: Jess
Cherub

Cherub

If you want full coverage that'll stay put in heat, Estee Lauder Double Wear or Catrice HD Liquid Coverage foundation will do the trick.

Apply with a damp beauty blender type sponge to avoid things getting cakey.

A good hydrating spray and a gentle going-over with a damp beauty blender during the day helps too.

I wouldn't consider using these day-to-day on holiday in a hot place though - maybe for a night out, or I'd use it for work in hot weather, but for normal day wear I think it's probably a bit much!

  • Like
Reactions: Jess

I love Dr Jart+ Premium BB cream in 45 spf

Medium coverage, but (on me at least) doesn't melt! Blends really well and works with all powders I've tried. Never had an issue with concealer or foundation on top either.

My skin is clear but dry and quite pale.

Miss Scarlett

Miss Scarlett

Just bought Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and I love it. It stays on all day - most foundations disappear from my nose after about 4 hours. Very buildable also so you can really sheer it out for day wear.

Other long wearing ones I like are Teint Idole by Lancome and Cover FX Power Play - they don't budge much on me.

Double Wear great but can be a bit cakey. I have the Double Wear Water/Nude also. It can be a bit glowy - but it lasts longer than other glowy ones.

Cover FX Power Play is probably the best I've tried for lasting in warm climates.

  • Like
Reactions: Jess
FiFi

FiFi

IT cosmetics CC cream is meant to have good coverage and spf of 50, so would suit holidays!

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...