General Madden 19 (EA Sports) (1 Viewer)

EA's inevitable annual follow-up to its football series, Madden NFL 19, has been officially announced.

EA announced the game and shared the first details on what to expect from it and when it's set to release on PS4 and Xbox One.

One of the key features of this year's game is something called Real Player Motion Technology. EA says with this "new animation system that unlocks next level responsiveness and player personality, players will experience more precision as they run, cut, catch and celebrate on the gridiron this season." The company also touts that Madden 19 offers "more authentic ways to build an NFL roster [and] the ability to train and develop players."

Franchise mode, which was largely unchanged in last year's game, will see some new additions. With both single-player and multiplayer support, you can select from offensive and defensive schemes based on the way you want to play, though the company didn't detail exactly what that entails. This will somehow tie into an "intuitive progression system" that's "based on authentic positional archetypes" and allows you to choose between building a winner now or focusing on the future. Franchise mode also gets a Custom Draft Class Creator so that you can create draft classes manually.

Ultimate Team is another area seeing improvements. New training tools will allow you to develop players, while solo challenges will get a more competitive twist with MUT Solo Battles. These feature a leaderboard (with accompanying rewards) that let you compete with other players by taking part in single-player games.

Madden 19's release date is set for August 10 on both PS4 and Xbox One; pre-ordering the standard edition gets you five Gold Team Fantasy packs and an Elite player from the team of your choice. There will also be a Hall of Fame edition with Terrell Owens on the cover, which also nets you some additional bonuses for Ultimate Team. Additionally, pre-ordering the HOF edition allows you begin playing on August 7. EA Access members on Xbox One, meanwhile, will get access to the game for a limited number of hours beginning on August 2.

Zaxxon

Zaxxon

Madden NFL 19 will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One — and Windows PC for the first time in more than a decade — with a new animation engine that EA Sports says will make the game more cinematic and lifelike than ever.

Last year’s Madden NFL 18 introduced the Frostbite engine to support its story mode “Longshot.” This year, EA Sports’ American football flaghship will bring “real motion technology” to the game to make players more responsive, lifelike, and truer to Frostbite’s presentation.

The game launches Aug. 10 and will have a four-day preview for subscribers to Electronic Arts’ EA Access service on Xbox One and Origin Access for PC.

What do people think of it? Played a few hours, can't for the life of me run the ball.

What do people think of it? Played a few hours, can't for the life of me run the ball.
Yeah running the ball is next to impossible for me. I can't get over 20 yards a game!

Other than that the game is good. I'm enjoying it more than Madden 18. Defense is fun to user linebackers now

What do people think of it? Played a few hours, can't for the life of me run the ball.
Have only played a little bit so far.

Don't press sprint until there's a big lane, otherwise the defenders disengage the blocks and you get hammered.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...