Science Fiction Lost in Space (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Major Tom

Title: Lost in Space

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2018-04-13

Creator: Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless

Cast: Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, Ignacio Serricchio, Taylor Russell, Mina Sundwall, Max Jenkins, Parker Posey, Kiki Sukezane, Raza Jaffrey, Ajay Friese, Adam Greydon Reid, Sibongile Mlambo, Amelia Burstyn, Iain Belcher

Overview: After crash-landing on an alien planet, the Robinson family fights against all odds to survive and escape. But they're surrounded by hidden dangers.

Watched 4 episodes so far with the kids - one episode a night with them. I'm enjoying it for what it is even if the pacing isn't greatest - it's a tad slow at times which would make it a tough one to binge watch I think. I'll definitely finish out the season and the kids are enjoying it.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

I finished it the other night. I watched over 2 days. By and large, I thought it was pretty good. Definitely too slow starting out. I think it’s a show that rewards a binge watch as the way the flashbacks were structured would have you confused on a weekly format.

I have yet to finish watching but am losing interest. They are dragging out the plot and the mad doctor annoys the hell out of me. She is a bit OTT and, as a result, the story doesn't run as smoothly as it should and the characters are not convincing. Anyone else think it ridiculously glossy?

Just the last episode to go, it’s enjoyable enough family viewing and the back story fill ins and twists add a bit of depth.

They need to write better characters though, it’s like they need to appeal to everyone so they end up being watered down. As for Dr Smith, I can’t see any plausible way of reeling her back in, she has crossed too many lines and has no skills to offer the group, she just drags the whole show down.

Obviously curious about the big picture, do they stay on the planet or do they find a new one, will the next series be planet based or ship based?

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...