Football Lopetegui Sacked As Spain Manager (1 Viewer)

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

The Spanish Football Federation has just confirmed it has sacked Julen Lopetegui as manager, little more than 24 hours before the World Cup begins.

Spanish Football Federation (SFF) president Luis Rubiales is currently holding a news conference.

He explains that Julen Lopetegui has been sacked and that the SFF only knew he was joining Real Madrid after the World Cup, five minutes before it was announced he would join the Champions League winners.

"We have been forced to dispense with the national coach. We wish you the greatest of luck," said Rubiales.

"The negotiation has occurred without any information to the RFEF. Just five minutes before the press release. There's a way to act that needs to be fulfilled."

Absolutely astonishing.

Royale With Cheese
Staff member

Royale With Cheese