Long Shot (2019)

  • Created By Thread starter CaptainObvious

Title: Long Shot (2019)

Tagline: Unlikely but not impossible

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Jonathan Levine

Cast: Seth Rogen, Charlize Theron, O'Shea Jackson Jr., June Diane Raphael, Ravi Patel, Bob Odenkirk, Andy Serkis, Randall Park, Tristan D. Lalla, Alexander Skarsgård, Gabrielle Graham, Boyz II Men, Lisa Kudrow, Lil Yachty, Kurt Braunohler, Paul Scheer, Claudia O'Doherty

Release: 2019-05-02

Runtime: 125

Plot: When Fred Flarsky reunites with his first crush, one of the most influential women in the world, Charlotte Field, he charms her. As she prepares to make a run for the Presidency, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter and sparks fly.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Went to this last night, partly under duress. I was actually quite surprised by it. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. Yes, it's just a rom-com essentially but they all seem to have such fun doing it. Crikey, but Charlize Theron is a good looking gal and she has some serious comic timing.

I would go see it again as the script has too many jokes to get first time around.

  • Like
Reactions: Aimie

Eily and I saw it tonight and we both really enjoyed it.

Bree

Bree

Saw this last week and loved it, admittedly I'm a big Seth Rogen fan but so maybe a tad bias but thought it was really funny. Charlize Theron was great in it. Few scenes really made me laugh. Thought O'Shea Jackson Jr was great too. Definitely looking forward to giving this a rewatch

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Theron and Rogen have good chemistry

Saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. Really sharp one liners, Likeable characters and some genuine chemistry between Rogan and Theron. A film that just leaves you with a nice feeling, which is actually pretty rare.

  • Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Great player, captain and ambassador. He will definitely be missed by City.
  • Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    The power Wilder has is frightening, the sound of that punch connecting was sickening. Shame he’s an absolute idiot.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Lloyd Kelly signs for Bournemouth. I thought he would have signed for Liverpool. Young left back but sounds like he could be a good one.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Kompany personified the character that was needed to drag city out of the old haphazard ways and into the new era of Mancini and beyond...
  • SteveO
    Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City to become player-manager at former club Anderlecht. The 33-year-old defender has...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    Fantastic from Man City. I didn't give Watford much of a chance beforehand but I didn't expect them to get hammered either.
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Good win for Billy Joe Saunders last night. Still can't believe one judge gave Isufi 3 rounds. Forget about drug testing the fighters...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Angel Has Fallen (2019).
    Sign me up. Love these cheesy actioners. Not overly mad on the being-framed-and-on-the-run-to-prove-his-innocence plot. Going a bit...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    City are on a different level. They made that look ridiculously easy. Could have been different if Pereyra had put that early chance...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Days Gone (Bend Studios).
    Was that the one where you used the napalm molotovs?