WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Long Shot (2019)

• Created By Thread starter CaptainObvious
  • ( Start date , 5 Replies)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Long Shot (2019)

Tagline: Unlikely but not impossible

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Jonathan Levine

Cast: Seth Rogen, Charlize Theron, O'Shea Jackson Jr., June Diane Raphael, Ravi Patel, Bob Odenkirk, Andy Serkis, Randall Park, Tristan D. Lalla, Alexander Skarsgård, Gabrielle Graham, Boyz II Men, Lisa Kudrow, Lil Yachty, Kurt Braunohler, Paul Scheer, Claudia O'Doherty

Release: 2019-05-02

Runtime: 125

Plot: When Fred Flarsky reunites with his first crush, one of the most influential women in the world, Charlotte Field, he charms her. As she prepares to make a run for the Presidency, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter and sparks fly.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Went to this last night, partly under duress. I was actually quite surprised by it. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. Yes, it's just a rom-com essentially but they all seem to have such fun doing it. Crikey, but Charlize Theron is a good looking gal and she has some serious comic timing.

I would go see it again as the script has too many jokes to get first time around.

Reactions: Aimie
Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Eily and I saw it tonight and we both really enjoyed it.

Bree

Bree

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Saw this last week and loved it, admittedly I'm a big Seth Rogen fan but so maybe a tad bias but thought it was really funny. Charlize Theron was great in it. Few scenes really made me laugh. Thought O'Shea Jackson Jr was great too. Definitely looking forward to giving this a rewatch

Dylan

Dylan

Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Theron and Rogen have good chemistry

Aimie

Aimie

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. Really sharp one liners, Likeable characters and some genuine chemistry between Rogan and Theron. A film that just leaves you with a nice feeling, which is actually pretty rare.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Community Activity

• Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Great player, captain and ambassador. He will definitely be missed by City.
  • Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    The power Wilder has is frightening, the sound of that punch connecting was sickening. Shame he’s an absolute idiot.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Lloyd Kelly signs for Bournemouth. I thought he would have signed for Liverpool. Young left back but sounds like he could be a good one.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Kompany personified the character that was needed to drag city out of the old haphazard ways and into the new era of Mancini and beyond...
  • SteveO
    Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City to become player-manager at former club Anderlecht. The 33-year-old defender has...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    Fantastic from Man City. I didn't give Watford much of a chance beforehand but I didn't expect them to get hammered either.
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Good win for Billy Joe Saunders last night. Still can't believe one judge gave Isufi 3 rounds. Forget about drug testing the fighters...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Angel Has Fallen (2019).
    Sign me up. Love these cheesy actioners. Not overly mad on the being-framed-and-on-the-run-to-prove-his-innocence plot. Going a bit...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    City are on a different level. They made that look ridiculously easy. Could have been different if Pereyra had put that early chance...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Days Gone (Bend Studios).
    Was that the one where you used the napalm molotovs?