Long Shot (2019)

  • Created By Thread starter CaptainObvious

Title: Long Shot (2019)

Tagline: Unlikely but not impossible

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Jonathan Levine

Cast: Seth Rogen, Charlize Theron, O'Shea Jackson Jr., June Diane Raphael, Ravi Patel, Bob Odenkirk, Andy Serkis, Randall Park, Tristan D. Lalla, Alexander Skarsgård, Gabrielle Graham, Boyz II Men, Lisa Kudrow, Lil Yachty, Kurt Braunohler, Paul Scheer, Claudia O'Doherty

Release: 2019-05-02

Runtime: 125

Plot: When Fred Flarsky reunites with his first crush, one of the most influential women in the world, Charlotte Field, he charms her. As she prepares to make a run for the Presidency, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter and sparks fly.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Went to this last night, partly under duress. I was actually quite surprised by it. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. Yes, it's just a rom-com essentially but they all seem to have such fun doing it. Crikey, but Charlize Theron is a good looking gal and she has some serious comic timing.

I would go see it again as the script has too many jokes to get first time around.

  • Like
Reactions: Aimie

Eily and I saw it tonight and we both really enjoyed it.

Bree

Bree

Saw this last week and loved it, admittedly I'm a big Seth Rogen fan but so maybe a tad bias but thought it was really funny. Charlize Theron was great in it. Few scenes really made me laugh. Thought O'Shea Jackson Jr was great too. Definitely looking forward to giving this a rewatch

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Theron and Rogen have good chemistry

Saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. Really sharp one liners, Likeable characters and some genuine chemistry between Rogan and Theron. A film that just leaves you with a nice feeling, which is actually pretty rare.

Connie

Connie

The film is very funny and Theron and Rogen play off one another very well. I enjoyed it

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...