Member

I0ThousandFists

Member
It is simply impossible for some to give any credit to President Trump at all, for anything.

Oh, well, maybe in the next 4 years after reelection....

Some Random Guy
Member

Some Random Guy

Member
The biggest winner today is Kim. The point of their nuclear weapons programme was to get them meeting like this. They are a player on the world stage now. But this sort of thing is propaganda gold for Kim back home. As most people expected today was just a meet and greet.

But who knows maybe something good will come of it.

Sad Professor
Member

Sad Professor

Active member
This declaration isn't too different from the 1993 US-NK agreement of the Clinton administration either.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDfeO5ouUEAAQyMy.jpg&hash=8afa32cf25ae469e5881324bf22508d9

It is simply impossible for some to give any credit to President Trump at all, for anything.
Just like there will always be a positive twist put on anything negative that is done by a Trump administration. They are blinded by adulation.

Donator
Member

Major Tom

Administrator
“We expected it would be a flop, but it’s floppier than anything we expected,” Andrei Lankov, a director at the Korea Risk Group – which owns and operates NK News – said. “The declaration is pretty much meaningless.”

The biggest winner today is Kim.
Yes, this is massive for Kim Jong-un, both got what they wanted from today - Trump has also played to his base and fulfilled an election pledge. Actually, if anything materialises the world is the winner here.

CaptainObvious
Member

CaptainObvious

Member
Just in from work so I've only caught a glimpse of the headlines. It's promising progress. Nobody can disagree with that, Trump deserves credit where it's due but Moon Jae-in, Xi Jinping and Kim Jong-un more so because they actually kept this alive after Trump cancelled.

Dylan
Donator
Member

Dylan

Well-known member
As far as I can see China has done best out of this. They get to stop sanctions on North Korea, if Trump’s promises are kept (big if) then they also get rid of the USA military collaboration with South Korea, which they’ve wanted and America’s influence in the Asian Pacific region will be reduced. If anyone has played a blinder it’s Xi Jinping.

Creative Spark
Donator
Key Holder
Member

Gemma

Well-known member
The scary part of all this is as far as he is concerned, the North Korea problem is solved! It's done - it was easy to him. Now, let's move on people. When do I get my Nobel prize?

He probably thinks he solved the Israel problem by moving the embassy too.

I0ThousandFists
Member

I0ThousandFists

Member
The scary part of all this is as far as he is concerned, the North Korea problem is solved!
He has said, on numerous occasions, this was simply the beginning.

When do I get my Nobel prize?
That'll happen soon enough.

I love the Anti-Trumpers.

Creative Spark
Donator
Key Holder
Member

Gemma

Well-known member
He has said, on numerous occasions, this was simply the beginning.
Well, his tweet clearly says "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea".