    David76 replied to the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019).
    And the emperor‘s throne room just happens to be a surviving piece of debris.....:unsure:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Xbox Game Pass.
    Microsoft has announced another round of titles coming to Xbox Game Pass this month. Seven new titles have been announced for Xbox Game...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Agreed, you would have to *think* they have something in principal, and certainly, it will be the richest contract on a per year basis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread The Donald Trump Thread.
    The former head of the government's ethics office seems rather pissed off about something: Balderstrom! Farce factual addendum, Framis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread Drama The Walking Dead.
    Liked it, not knowing what is real or not is an old trope but still, I enjoyed Carol's mentality breaking down
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just started Flights by Olga Tokarczuk, this year's Nobel Prize winner in Literature
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Dementia in former footballers.
    Football has a dreadful attitude towards head injuries and concussion. Repetitive heading of the ball, in-air collisions, keepers coming...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Outer Worlds.
    Seems like this is impressing people. Got 9/10 from Gamespot. Here's a round-up of the review scores so far. USGamer – 4/5 IGN...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 28 October 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Bree's post in the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019) with Like Like.
    The final trailer has been released. Also, it's only a little thing, but nice to see Carrie Fisher get top billing on the poster. A...

Joker (2019) (1 Viewer)

I really hope it doesn't go down the route of the world was mean to this guy, so he decides to become the Joker and start killing people, etc. Personally, that's not a narrative I would have a huge amount of sympathy with.

But I'm still interested in the movie. I'm interested in anything Joaquin Phoenix does.

Slenderman

Slenderman

Joaquin Phoenix is such an interesting actor. There's a real depth to the roles he plays. Can't wait to see this.

Caitlin

Caitlin

Massive performance by Phoenix. Riveting from start to finish. DC Comics have just raised the bar with this one.

Saw it tonight and it's definitely a film you will either love or hate.

I thought that it was sensational.

Mind-blowing. Joaquin Phoenix is phenomenal. I was expecting to be slightly disappointed (always the pessimist) due to the hype but I wasn't.

Biscuit

Biscuit

Overall it was a good film, with an incredible performance from Phoenix. I probably won't watch it again though as it was a bit too dark and bleak for my liking.

The highlight for me was the subway carriage scene. I have never felt more unnerved in a cinema.

Gromit

Gromit

Thought it was an incredible movie, despite one or two continuity issues, which again could be possibly explained through the protagonist's psychosis. I will 100% go and view it again.

The scene where Murray Franklin's gets murdered was brutal and brilliant. Didn't like the revelation with regards to the girlfriend being in his head. The fact that he was sitting there in the apartment and her reaction was enough. I also thought the scene where he smothered his mother was brutal and so well done.

Enjoyed Joaquin Phoenix much more than the overall film. Great performance in an otherwise average film IMO

  • Agree
Reactions: Emma
Emma

Emma

Not quite sure what to make of it, to be honest, it was disappointing yet captivating. Strange film. Not one I’d race back to see but I’d 100% go and see a sequel. Joaquin Phoenix is excellent though.

We really enjoyed it.

Every single second of the movie had edge and purpose. There were points almost nothing was happening but the suspense behind that nothingness had me right on the edge of my seat. A fantastic character wonderfully acted.