WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

John McCain (1 Viewer)

Franco Pinion

Franco Pinion

Staff member
Sad news from the US of Senator John McCain's passing.

I didn't agree with everything he said, But he stood up for what he believed to be right for all Americans.

His defense of Obama's family, religion and citizenship are what I'll remember of him. He was a true maverick. Where he could have stoked up fears and rallied up hate he took the high road.

FiFi

FiFi

Staff member
“Nothing in life is more liberating than to fight for a cause larger than yourself, something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone.” – Sen. John McCain

He always came across as a good man, who devoted his life to serving his country, not without faults or errors as he himself admitted, but always with the aim of doing what he perceived to be right.

Reactions: Franco Pinion
Bandit

Bandit

Staff member Staff member
Seemed like a man of principle. I don't know if I would agree with his principles, but at least he had genuine beliefs, which is a step above the opportunistic impulsive clown currently in The White House.

Some of Trump's comments about him being a coward and a surrenderer were beneath contempt. What McCain went through as a POW was beyond belief and for that draft dodger to talk like that about him was a total disgrace.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
An old school republican and deserving of respect. Didn’t share his political views but he seemed to be a decent man.

Gemma

Gemma

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Very sad news. I may not have agreed with his politics but he at least had the honour and decency to stand up against Trump.

Sad Professor

Sad Professor

Staff member
I really did not like John McCain's approach to foreign policy and by his own admission, he made a lot of mistakes. He was not perfect but no politician is. May he rest in peace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Community Activity

• Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
  • Zidane
    I bought this game on release and can't get into it. I've barely scratched the surface of it. Does anybody think its a bit overrated?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Goal of the season already!?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79.
    79. Decent innings. Race With The Devil is one of my guilty pleasures. RIP
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho off on loan to Bayern Munich apparently. You'd think that would kill off any talk of Neymar returning to Barcelona?
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Podcast Apps For Android Devices.
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Great goal. I've always liked Aduriz. He may be 38 and slow but he knows where the goal is. Barcelona were poor last night, they may...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor posted the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79 in MOVIES & TV SHOW CHAT.
    There are actors that epitomise a certain era, that have a type of "cool" presence, Fonda was absolutely one of those. Sad news.