John McCain

Sad news from the US of Senator John McCain's passing.

I didn't agree with everything he said, But he stood up for what he believed to be right for all Americans.

His defense of Obama's family, religion and citizenship are what I'll remember of him. He was a true maverick. Where he could have stoked up fears and rallied up hate he took the high road.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

“Nothing in life is more liberating than to fight for a cause larger than yourself, something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone.” – Sen. John McCain

He always came across as a good man, who devoted his life to serving his country, not without faults or errors as he himself admitted, but always with the aim of doing what he perceived to be right.

Likes: Franco Pinion

Seemed like a man of principle. I don't know if I would agree with his principles, but at least he had genuine beliefs, which is a step above the opportunistic impulsive clown currently in The White House.

Some of Trump's comments about him being a coward and a surrenderer were beneath contempt. What McCain went through as a POW was beyond belief and for that draft dodger to talk like that about him was a total disgrace.

An old school republican and deserving of respect. Didn’t share his political views but he seemed to be a decent man.

Very sad news. I may not have agreed with his politics but he at least had the honour and decency to stand up against Trump.

I really did not like John McCain's approach to foreign policy and by his own admission, he made a lot of mistakes. He was not perfect but no politician is. May he rest in peace.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)