John McCain (1 Viewer)

Sad news from the US of Senator John McCain's passing.

I didn't agree with everything he said, But he stood up for what he believed to be right for all Americans.

His defense of Obama's family, religion and citizenship are what I'll remember of him. He was a true maverick. Where he could have stoked up fears and rallied up hate he took the high road.

FiFi

FiFi

“Nothing in life is more liberating than to fight for a cause larger than yourself, something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone.” – Sen. John McCain

He always came across as a good man, who devoted his life to serving his country, not without faults or errors as he himself admitted, but always with the aim of doing what he perceived to be right.

  • Like
Reactions: Franco Pinion

Seemed like a man of principle. I don't know if I would agree with his principles, but at least he had genuine beliefs, which is a step above the opportunistic impulsive clown currently in The White House.

Some of Trump's comments about him being a coward and a surrenderer were beneath contempt. What McCain went through as a POW was beyond belief and for that draft dodger to talk like that about him was a total disgrace.

An old school republican and deserving of respect. Didn’t share his political views but he seemed to be a decent man.

Very sad news. I may not have agreed with his politics but he at least had the honour and decency to stand up against Trump.

I really did not like John McCain's approach to foreign policy and by his own admission, he made a lot of mistakes. He was not perfect but no politician is. May he rest in peace.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM