    David76 replied to the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019).
    And the emperor‘s throne room just happens to be a surviving piece of debris.....:unsure:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Xbox Game Pass.
    Microsoft has announced another round of titles coming to Xbox Game Pass this month. Seven new titles have been announced for Xbox Game...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Agreed, you would have to *think* they have something in principal, and certainly, it will be the richest contract on a per year basis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread The Donald Trump Thread.
    The former head of the government's ethics office seems rather pissed off about something: Balderstrom! Farce factual addendum, Framis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread Drama The Walking Dead.
    Liked it, not knowing what is real or not is an old trope but still, I enjoyed Carol's mentality breaking down
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just started Flights by Olga Tokarczuk, this year's Nobel Prize winner in Literature
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Dementia in former footballers.
    Football has a dreadful attitude towards head injuries and concussion. Repetitive heading of the ball, in-air collisions, keepers coming...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Outer Worlds.
    Seems like this is impressing people. Got 9/10 from Gamespot. Here's a round-up of the review scores so far. USGamer – 4/5 IGN...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 28 October 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Bree's post in the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019) with Like Like.
    The final trailer has been released. Also, it's only a little thing, but nice to see Carrie Fisher get top billing on the poster. A...
Title: Isle of Dogs

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Animation

Director: Wes Anderson

Cast: Bryan Cranston, Koyu Rankin, Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Greta Gerwig, Bill Murray, Bob Balaban, Jeff Goldblum, Scarlett Johansson, Kunichi Nomura, Tilda Swinton, Akira Ito, Frances McDormand, Akira Takayama, Courtney B. Vance, F. Murray Abraham, Fisher Stevens, Yojiro Noda, Mari Natsuki, Frank Wood, Harvey Keitel, Yoko Ono, Ken Watanabe, Kara Hayward, Anjelica Huston, Anjelica Huston

Release: 2018-03-23

Runtime: 101

Plot: In the future, an outbreak of canine flu leads the mayor of a Japanese city to banish all dogs to an island that's a garbage dump. The outcasts must soon embark on an epic journey when a 12-year-old boy arrives on the island to find his beloved pet.

ISLE OF DOGS tells the story of ATARI KOBAYASHI, 12-year-old ward to corrupt Mayor Kobayashi. When, by Executive Decree, all the canine pets of Megasaki City are exiled to a vast garbage-dump called Trash Island, Atari sets off alone in a miniature Junior-Turbo Prop and flies across the river in search of his bodyguard-dog, Spots. There, with the assistance of a pack of newly-found mongrel friends, he begins an epic journey that will decide the fate and future of the entire Prefecture.
Went into this totally blind last night and loved it. Best film I've seen so far this year. Will definitely go and see it again.

I saw this today and, while I've seen a number of films I've enjoyed this year, I think this is the first properly excellent film released in 2018 that I've seen. Absolutely smashing stuff from start to finish.

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit

Really loved this, stunning looking and what a voice cast! Would have loved some more scenes with the Oracle (aka Tilda Swinton) the pug.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom