Drama Homeland

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Homeland

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2011-10-02

Creator: Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Gideon Raff

Cast: Mandy Patinkin, Claire Danes, Elizabeth Marvel, Maury Sterling, Linus Roache, Jake Weber, Morgan Spector

Overview: CIA officer Carrie Mathison is tops in her field despite being bipolar, which makes her volatile and unpredictable. With the help of her long-time mentor Saul Berenson, Carrie fearlessly risks everything, including her personal well-being and even sanity, at every turn.

I'm enjoying this season more than the last few. It is worth checking out. I feel it's stronger.

I really wish we could move beyond Carrie's bi-polar issues. I don't see what her condition brings to the character anymore, apart from making it seem ridiculous that anyone would continue to employ someone so unstable in such a sensitive position. Why couldn't they just quietly mention that her medication is working and let it go?

While I'm very much enjoying this season again, and the many parallels with real-life events, Carrie's personal issues are just annoying at this point.

Also, we get that she's a terrible mother. Didn't she seem to contemplate smothering Frannie at some point? Let her sister take the kid, and let's all move on!

Great last 15 minutes to this week's episode.

Claire Danes says "Homeland to end after season 8".

Star Claire Danes has confirmed the news in an interview with Howard Stern on his Sirius XM show. "Yeah, that’s it," she said when the host brought up the fact that the next season is rumoured to be the CIA drama's last.
In February, showrunner Alex Gansa told The Hollywood Reporter that season eight would likely be his last year. Though he's long hinted that season eight would be the end of Carrie Mathison's story, he noted he wasn't sure that'd be the case for the others on the show.

"It's definitely going to be my last year," said the executive producer and writer ahead of the seventh season debut. "I can't speak for Claire or Mandy, but it will be my final year and it will be designed to be the end of an eight-season story.

Connie

Connie

Good ending episode. The tension was created very well in the culmination of the Russian episode.

Not a fan of the "six months later" stuff but I suppose I understand why they did it here.

What now for Carrie?

I've been watching the latest season on Netflix. Really good so far (4 episodes in). The show took a dip in form for a couple of seasons but has come back really strong.

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer