Drama Homeland

Title: Homeland

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2011-10-02

Creator: Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Gideon Raff

Cast: Mandy Patinkin, Claire Danes, Elizabeth Marvel, Maury Sterling, Linus Roache, Jake Weber, Morgan Spector

Overview: CIA officer Carrie Mathison is tops in her field despite being bipolar, which makes her volatile and unpredictable. With the help of her long-time mentor Saul Berenson, Carrie fearlessly risks everything, including her personal well-being and even sanity, at every turn.

I'm enjoying this season more than the last few. It is worth checking out. I feel it's stronger.

I really wish we could move beyond Carrie's bi-polar issues. I don't see what her condition brings to the character anymore, apart from making it seem ridiculous that anyone would continue to employ someone so unstable in such a sensitive position. Why couldn't they just quietly mention that her medication is working and let it go?

While I'm very much enjoying this season again, and the many parallels with real-life events, Carrie's personal issues are just annoying at this point.

Also, we get that she's a terrible mother. Didn't she seem to contemplate smothering Frannie at some point? Let her sister take the kid, and let's all move on!

Claire Danes says "Homeland to end after season 8".

Star Claire Danes has confirmed the news in an interview with Howard Stern on his Sirius XM show. "Yeah, that’s it," she said when the host brought up the fact that the next season is rumoured to be the CIA drama's last.
In February, showrunner Alex Gansa told The Hollywood Reporter that season eight would likely be his last year. Though he's long hinted that season eight would be the end of Carrie Mathison's story, he noted he wasn't sure that'd be the case for the others on the show.

"It's definitely going to be my last year," said the executive producer and writer ahead of the seventh season debut. "I can't speak for Claire or Mandy, but it will be my final year and it will be designed to be the end of an eight-season story.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Good ending episode. The tension was created very well in the culmination of the Russian episode.

Not a fan of the "six months later" stuff but I suppose I understand why they did it here.

What now for Carrie?

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)