Question Holidaying In Italy

My wife and I are looking into going to Italy for our next summer holiday. Ideally it would be more of a villa somewhere as opposed to hotel in a city trip.

My sister studied in Cinque Terre during uni and liked it very much. Other than that, I don't have any concrete ideas of where best to visit.

Can anyone who has been there give me some good recommendations?

Went to Sardinia in July 2016 and it was beautiful. Not as expensive as I was expecting either. Friendly people, lovely coastline and plenty to do. Have been to Sorrento previously which was also lovely.

I think you will struggle to have a bad time in Italy! Great food, drink and sights.

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit

Bardolino on Lake Garda is nice. In fact the Italian lakes generally are nice - short flight as well.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Can't pick a favourite in Italy. I got married in Como and fell in love with the place. Went on a Tuscany holiday a few years ago that was excellent. Rome and Venice are both out of this world. Try and take in one of the cities wherever you decide.