Question Holidaying In Italy

My wife and I are looking into going to Italy for our next summer holiday. Ideally it would be more of a villa somewhere as opposed to hotel in a city trip.

My sister studied in Cinque Terre during uni and liked it very much. Other than that, I don't have any concrete ideas of where best to visit.

Can anyone who has been there give me some good recommendations?

Went to Sardinia in July 2016 and it was beautiful. Not as expensive as I was expecting either. Friendly people, lovely coastline and plenty to do. Have been to Sorrento previously which was also lovely.

I think you will struggle to have a bad time in Italy! Great food, drink and sights.

Likes: Bandit

Bardolino on Lake Garda is nice. In fact the Italian lakes generally are nice - short flight as well.

Likes: Gemma

Can't pick a favourite in Italy. I got married in Como and fell in love with the place. Went on a Tuscany holiday a few years ago that was excellent. Rome and Venice are both out of this world. Try and take in one of the cities wherever you decide.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)