Xbox/Microsoft Halo Infintie (1 Viewer)

Microsoft's E3 2018 conference gave us a look at the next game in the Halo series.

The trailer was a cinematic trailer affair for Halo Infinite. It was a rather lovely trailer, and it was good to see Master Chief again at the end. Halo Infinity will reportedly focus more on Master Chief’s story, something 343 Industries learned the hard way with Halo 5.

It also looks like the story will be set on another Halo. You can clearly see the ring reaching up into the sky, and one other thing looked familiar: the Warthog.

Halo Infinite may launch with a single-player campaign only, with multiplayer to follow in 2020.

sample-page-65.jpg

Microsoft has been saying for years now that it wants to get away from numbered Halo games, but some fans were still left scratching their heads when the new game was revealed at E3 as Halo: Infinite and not Halo 6. Now, 343's Jeff Easterling has spoken up to stress that Halo: Infinite is Halo 6, even if it's not specifically called that.

"It is Halo 6," Easterling said during a recent Mixer broadcast. "You should just consider it Halo 6. Don't think of it as a weird prequel kind of thing. It's the next story. It's the next chapter in what is going on."

Studio head Chris Lee already confirmed that Halo: Infinite is a direct sequel to 2015's Halo 5: Guardians. It's also been confirmed that the new game will focus more on Master Chief, which is notable because Halo 5 split time between Chief and Agent Locke.

343 has said that the studio is "making changes to how we approach things" with Halo: Infinite. 343 is also hoping to take players to "new and unexpected directions" with the game. These vague statements could mean a number of things, and the possibilities are exciting to think about. It seems encouraging that 343 isn't rushing things with Halo: Infinite, and while that game might not be out soon, Halo 5 and Halo: MCC continue to get new updates and refreshes on a semi-regular basis.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...