Gym Before Work?

Emma
Staff member

Emma

I'm considering joining my local gym. It is open 24/7 so I'd have plenty of time to get a session in before work. I'm struggling to get out for a run in the evenings, mainly because of the weather and the fact that I'm usually knackered after work/university.

Does anyone have any tips or advice? And does it become second nature to get out the door in the morning? Getting a good workout done before work appeals to me but I'm not really a morning person.

Thanks!

I workout before heading to work for the same reasons.

Lay out your gym clothes/bag/food whatever the night before. When you wake up just be on autopilot then.

The more things you have to think about in the morning the less chance you’ll make it out the door.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

If you have everything ready and laid out, it just becomes a matter of getting out of bed when the alarm goes, getting dressed and out the door before you have time to reconsider.

Before too long it becomes a habit and you'll just get up and go because it's a morning you normally go to the gym. Habit > motivation

Likes: Emma

Morning is far better in my view, sets you up nicely for the day. As said before, have as much prepped the night before as possible.

You could always come to our classes :D

I used to do morning sessions a lot.

One thing that really worked well for me at the start, I couldn't make the decision not to go until my two feet were on the floor. Easy to talk yourself into staying in the bed, the hardest bit was throwing back the sheets and standing up. 90% of the time I'd go, there were some mornings I climbed straight back in. Might sound stupid but worked for me.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

I did it for years before the kids came. I wouldn't eat breakfast but had a protein shake as soon as I woke up then head out.

I used to put my alarm on the other side of the room so I'd have to get out of bed to knock it off.

Set me up for the day. I couldn't really see me going to the gym after work or study, to be honest.

Likes: Emma

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)