Staff member

Rebel

Oct 17, 2018
Hope I'm doing this right, if not please correct it @Gemma @Major Tom

I'm looking at subbing to either Google Music or Spotify. But was just seeing if anyone on here subs to either and what are the pros and cons on both platforms.

Thanks in advance to any replies

Likes: Gemma

I pay £15 per month for a Spotify family membership, which is used by six people.

I've got no complaints. Great value for money. I've only ever come across two or three artists that aren't available. You can download the music for offline listening.

My family is very pleased with it.

Likes: Rebel

I’ve got Spotify Premium and have used Tidal in the past. As Gromit said, Tidal sound quality is superior at 24bit but they don’t have as large a library as Spotify.

If you're a Sky Q customer you may "qualify" for 6 months Spotify Premium for free

Spotify on Sky Q | Sky.com

Hope I'm doing this right, if not please correct it @Gemma @Major Tom
You're fine :)

Can't help you with either sub though, I use Amazon Music Unlimited for my streaming. I have used Spotify, Google Music and Deezer in the past but I'm sure others can elaborate on the pro/cons of each better.

Spotify family premium account here.

Tried all the rest, Spotify is the best for me for the price.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
I use Amazon Music Unlimited for my streaming. I have used Spotify, Google Music and Deezer in the past but I'm sure others can elaborate on the pro/cons of each better.
If you have an Amazon prime subscription their music unlimited works out cheaper than Spotify and boasts more tracks with the same bit rate.

If you are a real audio buff, however, Tidal is the way to go.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)