Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

Overview

In 2005, God of War was one the coolest things I ever played. The PlayStation 2 action game was fast-paced, brutal, and edgy. But after several sequels and prequels, both its formula and attitude felt stale. I began rolling my eyes whenever Kratos yelled or ripped the head off some mythological beast.

God of War is changing a lot with this new game. Kratos is now fighting in a Norse setting instead of ancient Greece. But that new locale isn’t the most radical departure. This God of War is slower, less gory, and less angry. Kratos is no longer a one-dimensional machine of rage and vengeance. He’s a father trying to understand and train a young son.

This new Kratos makes God of War relevant again.
  • A New Beginning - His vengeance against the gods of Olympus far behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the lands of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive... and teach his son to do the same
  • Second Chances - As mentor and protector to a son determined to earn his respect, Kratos is faced with an unexpected opportunity to master the rage that has long defined him. Questioning the dark lineage he's passed on to his son, he hopes to make amends for the shortcomings of his past
  • Midgard and Beyond - Set within the untamed forests, mountains, and realms of Norse lore, God of War features a distinctly new setting with its own pantheon of creatures, monsters, and gods
  • Vicious, Physical Combat - With an intimate, over-the-shoulder free camera that brings the action closer than ever, combat in God of War is up close, frenetic, and unflinching. Kratos' axe -powerful, magic and multi-faceted - is a brutal weapon as well as a versatile tool for exploration
Trailer

Screenshots

873465aaa.jpg 6237124aaa.jpg 6515060aaa.jpg 7463671aaa.jpg

Graphics Rating
5.00 star(s)
Story Rating
5.00 star(s)