Giffgaff Price Increases (1 Viewer)

Upping their basic plan from £5 a month to £6 and their £7.50 plan to £8, while doubling the amount of minutes in these plans.
Hi everyone.

In July last year we made changes to our goodybags and in particular, some big improvements to the £5 and £7.50 goodybags, increasing the amount of data in the £5 goodybag five-fold from 100MB to 500MB, and doubling the data in the £7.50 goodybag from 1GB to 2GB.

These changes were very popular, and it’s really clear to us how much you liked them – more than we even anticipated. At the same time, the UK mobile market has become extremely competitive, so in order to make sure we can continue to be the strong business you want us to be, we need to make a few changes.

We had a look at how people used our goodybags. Members on the £5 and £7.50 goodybags aren’t big data users - on the whole, they care much more about minutes. Based on that, on 9 May 2019 we’ll be making the following changes:

£5 goodybag

Double minutes - from 150 to 300

Price move - from £5 to £6

£7.50 goodybag

Double minutes - from 250 to 500

Price move - from £7.50 to £8

We never like to raise our prices, so we’ve tried to make sure these goodybags are more valuable than before by doubling the minutes available - in short, it’s a little more money for a lot more talk time.

We also need to change the cost of mobile data when your allowance has run out from your goodybag to bring it in line with our normal PAYG rates. From 9 May 2019 this change will apply to every goodybag:

All goodybags

Price move - from 2p/MB to 5p/MB for mobile internet outside of your goodybag allowance

We’ll be contacting all affected members to let them know about the changes, a month before it happens.

As I mentioned above, the UK mobile market is more competitive than ever, and we also know that we’ll have to be competitive on more than just price. Part of being run by you means that we always want to hear your ideas for the next big thing for members, to make mobile far more than just a discussion on how many mins, texts & MB you get for your money.

So, I’d love to hear your ideas for giffgaff’s next big thing – that fits well with our ‘mutual giving’ ethos – and of course your thoughts about our planned changes too.
People are not happy!

Most on those two goody bags won't get near the existing minutes, let alone the increased ones.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...