General Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

  • Created By Thread starter Major Tom

I'm wondering how many Man United would want to see them lose to Man City if it keeps the title away from Liverpool?
Funnily enough, I will be screaming for United instead of against them!
Liverpool fans supporting Man United? I never knew pigs could fly, as Jimmy Greaves said..."It's a funny old game".

Brighton are in serious trouble. Lost to Cardiff last night and are now only two points ahead of them in the relegation fight.

Remaining fixtures
BrightonCardiff
20 April: Wolves (away)21 April: Liverpool (home)
23 April: Tottenham (away)
27 April: Newcastle (home)27 April: Fulham (away)
4 May: Arsenal (away)4 May: Crystal Palace (home)
12 May: Man City (home)12 May: Man Utd (away)

Brighton don't look like they are winning any of their remaining games, Cardiff have a great chance of picking something up against both Fulham and Palace.

  • Agree
Reactions: Geezer

If Brighton goes down it’ll be one of the biggest meltdowns I can remember. After 21 games they were on 26 points, 10 clear of relegation. Their form has been outrageously bad since New Year’s Day

  • Like
Reactions: Dylan
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Both teams are poor but can you see Cardiff picking up 3 more points than Brighton?

Fulham and Palace are must wins for Cardiff anything from Liverpool and United are a bonus

Brighton will be looking at Newcastle at home win and Wolves away

If Brighton beat Wolves on Saturday I think they will be safe

Gromit

Gromit

Cardiff had shocking luck against Chelsea and to a lesser extent against Burnley in recent weeks.

Could very easily be ahead of Brighton now if the Chelsea game hadn't had the joke of a goal allowed.

But, in saying that, I'd prefer to see Brighton stay up rather than Cardiff

Jason

Jason

I think this weekend will go a long way to deciding the champions - I cannot see Man City taking maximum points against both Spurs and Man United, they will drop points along the way.

This could well be Liverpool's most difficult game of their run-in after Cardiff gave themselves a fighting chance of survival with their win over Brighton but I expect Liverpool to steal a win and put themselves in pole position once the fixtures play out this coming week.

A good win for Man City today after the way they lost midweek but Spurs had their chances. Son was through a few times but was denied by good goalkeeping and last-ditch tackles. Stones and Laporta was hopelessly exposed at times - City will need to defend better in the remaining games.

Big point for Brighton against Wolves! Moves them 3 clear of Cardiff in the race for survival. With their better goal difference, Brighton might just be safe now although Cardiff have a few winnable games left to play.

Biscuit

Biscuit

Woeful Man United. Woeful.

I remember a time when 0-0 away to Everton was considered a poor result. How's 4-0 and total destruction going to be received?

Bad weekend for Man United, Tottenham and Arsenal. All suffering defeats.

Could the door be open for Chelsea to stake their claim for the top 4? No-one seems to want to finish the top 4!

Massive win for City in the Manchester Derby. Still 3 games remaining but you'd expect both teams to win their remaining fixtures.

Arsenal beaten by Wolves in the race for the top 4 means they fail to capitalise on poor results for United, Tottenham and Chelsea.

  • Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Great player, captain and ambassador. He will definitely be missed by City.
  • Some Random Guy
    Some Random Guy replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    The power Wilder has is frightening, the sound of that punch connecting was sickening. Shame he’s an absolute idiot.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Lloyd Kelly signs for Bournemouth. I thought he would have signed for Liverpool. Young left back but sounds like he could be a good one.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Kompany personified the character that was needed to drag city out of the old haphazard ways and into the new era of Mancini and beyond...
  • SteveO
    Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City to become player-manager at former club Anderlecht. The 33-year-old defender has...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    Fantastic from Man City. I didn't give Watford much of a chance beforehand but I didn't expect them to get hammered either.
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Good win for Billy Joe Saunders last night. Still can't believe one judge gave Isufi 3 rounds. Forget about drug testing the fighters...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Angel Has Fallen (2019).
    Sign me up. Love these cheesy actioners. Not overly mad on the being-framed-and-on-the-run-to-prove-his-innocence plot. Going a bit...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    City are on a different level. They made that look ridiculously easy. Could have been different if Pereyra had put that early chance...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Days Gone (Bend Studios).
    Was that the one where you used the napalm molotovs?