General Premier League 2017/18 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

The league was over a long time ago with Man City dominating proceedings. They can win the title this weekend in the backyard of their Manchester neighbours. United a currently sitting second in the league and look a good bet for the runners-up spot but they haven't been convincing this season under Mourinho. Liverpool and Tottenham are 3rd and 4th respectively and it looks like the two of them will make up the final places in the all-important race for the top 4 and Champions League qualification for next season.

Alan Pardew finally sacked by WBA after only one win in 18 matches. They are rooted to the bottom of the league and are almost certain to be relegated to the Championship. Ex-WBA player Michael Appleton, who is currently the No.2 at Leicester City, is favourite for the job.

Fair play to Man Utd. City ran them ragged for 25 minutes in the first half and should have buried the game and would have sealed the title but for poor finishing by Sterling. Great second half comeback by United.

City will be in a mentally fragile place on Tuesday after that.

Great second half. Utd got the luck with the Young penalty claims, I think both the handball and the tackle on Aguero were penalties, while De Gea proved how valuable he is yet again.

Sterling will have absolute nightmares though, he could easily have had a hat-trick.

Chelsea are a strange side these days - win league, blow out, win league, blow out.

Surely the team Conte put out were more than enough to beat West Ham at home, which leaves two reasons for another poor display.

1. Chelsea are just shite
2. The team has no interest in playing for Conte.

Fair play to Man Utd. City ran them ragged for 25 minutes in the first half and should have buried the game and would have sealed the title but for poor finishing by Sterling. Great second half comeback by United.

City will be in a mentally fragile place on Tuesday after that.
Great second half. Utd got the luck with the Young penalty claims, I think both the handball and the tackle on Aguero were penalties, while De Gea proved how valuable he is yet again.

Sterling will have absolute nightmares though, he could easily have had a hat-trick.
It was like last season's City, dominate but concede goals when the opposition create a chance. They only had five attempts all game. Ederson looking like Bravo currently in that every shot is a goal. Otamendi has turned from the best centre-half in the league all season back to the reckless defender we had under Pellegrini.

Thankfully in the big picture, it won't cost City too much but that refereeing performance from Atkinson was as bad as it gets. VAR is badly needed, the challenge on Aguero was a clear a penalty and red card as I've seen in a while.

Chelsea are a strange side these days - win league, blow out, win league, blow out.
Was just thinking that. They'll finish 5th or 6th this season, change manager and go on to win the league next season.

I know he has scored tonight but Raheem Sterling misses an awful lot of chances. He could easily have had a hat-trick tonight against Tottenham. Same story last week against Man United.

Mo Salah scored his 40th goal this season for Liverpool. He has scored more goals than 11 PL teams.

To think in the history of Liverpool football and all the world class strikers that have played for the club Salah, a converted winger, is only the 3rd player to score 40 goals in a season for the club behind Hunt and Rush.

Newcastle 2 Arsenal 1

Good result for Newcastle. That is them on 41 points which should make them safe this season. Rafa has done an incredible job there to keep them up. Not sure what’s left for him there unless he gets funds to spend.

Arsenal still haven't got any points away from home in 2018!

In the Scottish Cup, Celtic are leading Rangers 2-0 at half-time. Nice finishes from Rogic and McGregor.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...