Question Gaming Podcasts (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have any good recommendations for gaming podcasts?

I'm currently listening to Giant Bombcast and Pretty Good Gaming Podcast, but feel there is probably better out there.

Giant Bombcast and Giant Beastcast would be on my regular rotation, they're a bit more cynical than some other podcasts, mainly because they're all close to 40 years old, and in recent years have been skewing towards playing smaller indie titles - indeed any game I've bought on their recommendation has been enjoyable. They do cover the mainstream stuff also but tend not to get swept up in pre-launch hype.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Game Scoop - it's IGN but better than their platform dedicated stuff
Final Games - rotating guests essentially pick 8 desert island games

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Kotaku Splitscreen (Thursday)
Another good one.

Splitscreen by the guys at Kotaku is a much improved podcast. They’ve moved their “off-topic” material to the end of the show for those not interested.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

The only one I listen to is Cane and Rinse. They take a classic game every week and discuss it in depth.

It’s an English podcast as well, which helps. I can’t stand American podcasts as the hosts almost always fancy themselves as comedians and end up talking shite for half the show.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Some great new additions to my podcast list there, thanks lads.

Agree on the UK vs US thing. Find it very hard to warm to US podcasters. The only major exception being Weekend Confirmed back in the day.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...