Forza Horizon 4 (1 Viewer)

Forza Horizon 4 will take place in a shared-open world where you race through the UK countryside.

Microsoft Studios introduced Forza Horizon 4 during today’s Xbox E3 presser, and there are lots of ways it stands out from past entries.

The game features a massive shared open world where players race across Scotland and the British coastline, and players can connect with each other with a variety of quick chat options. But more importantly, the map can experience seasonal changes, with maps undergoing significant changes across Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Forza Horizon 4 will launch simultaneously on PC and Xbox One on October 2, 2018. It will debut at Xbox Game Pass on the same day.

ForzaHorizon4_HERO-hero.jpg

Forza Horizon 4 will feature seasons, various jobs, the ability to own property and more.

Playground Games gave us a look at Forza Horizon 4 during E3 2018, and today we get a look at some of the new features thanks to a new video.

The game is a shared open world title where the seasons in the UK will change everything. Time of day and seasons are both tied to players in multiplayer, which allows all players to have the same experience.

Playground has also increased the lobby count for online and co-op, and will include world events.

It also features a route creator, which in detailed to some extent in the video above.

Forza Horizon 4 is out October 2, and is included in Xbox Game Pass, which means you’ll get it day one if a subscriber.

Think I'll give this one a miss and just play it on Game Pass.

I lose interest in Forza games far too easily :(

What looks like a massive chunk of Forza Horizon 4’s car list has leaked online thanks to a Windows Store mishap.

Players who pre-ordered Forza Horizon 4 on PC noticed that the store started downloading a whole bunch of files. Though this is usual for many games, the file size this time around was around 45GB.

But what’s more interesting is what players discovered. In the car folder, one Reddit user dug up over lots of files for what looks to be a bit over 450 of the game’s cars.

The Windows Store issue has now been corrected, but not before a different Reddit user translated those file names into actual make and models.

This list is likely incomplete, and may not represent the launch roster. Certain manufacturers already confirmed to be featured in the game aren’t on the list. Beyond that, these sort of car leaks is never 100% accurate.

Forza Horizon 3 suffered a similar leak, and several of the cars shown at the time ended up being added down the road in DLC. This could also happen with Forza Horizon 4.

An open world game like Playground’s Forza Horizon series demands a lot of ground to cover and a lot of things to do. While the first three games didn’t disappoint, it looks like the trip to the United Kingdom in Forza Horizon 4 will include the largest map yet. With only bits and pieces revealed over the course of all the coverage, fans took it upon themselves to stitch together a fairly complete look at the play space.

With the latest Microsoft livestream covering the game revealing many pieces of the puzzle, you can find the fan-created image below, and begin planning the fastest routes you can take without spilling your tea. Unlike many lesser games, it doesn’t seem like the team traded size in for interesting things to do, with the game area seeming densely packed with things to do.

In comparison with Australia, France, and the first game the map seems to be about twice as large if that. But with the seasons mechanic taking full force in the new game, those miles of road will keep changing, and force players to adapt with them.

I'm playing the demo on my Xbox One X and 4K OLED. God, it looks great, has to be the best looking game I've ever played.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

I'm playing the demo on my Xbox One X and 4K OLED. God, it looks great, has to be the best looking game I've ever played.
Yes, it looks amazing. Really enjoyed playing the demo. Much better game and more fun than Forza 7. Happy too that it is available as part of the Game Pass on release day :)

Forza Horizon 4 early access

Players who have pre-ordered the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition will be able to play it 4 days early from September 28, 2018.

Fans who have Xbox Game Pass or who have ordered either the Standard or Deluxe Editions will be able to play on October 2, 2018.

Forza Horizon 4 pre-order

There are three versions of Forza Horizon 4 to pre-order:
  • Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition
  • Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe Edition
  • Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition
With the Standard Edition you’ll get:
  • Forza Horizon 4 Formula Drift Car Pack
And with the Deluxe Edition:
  • Forza Horizon 4 Formula Drift Car Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass
And finally the Ultimate Edition:
  • Forza Horizon 4 Formula Drift Car Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass
  • Forza Horizon 4 Best of Bond Car Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 VIP
  • Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 1
  • Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 2
Forza Horizon 4 Best of Bond

Those who have ordered the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition will receive the Best of Bond Car Pack as the Day One Car Pack. Those who purchase the Ultimate Edition will get early access to the game, beginning on September 28. Players will also be able to purchase the Best of Bond Car Pack separately at the global launch of the game on October 2.

The Best of Bond car list features modern classics like the BMW Z8 from The World Is Not Enough as well as several Aston Martin models, including the spectacular Aston Martin DB5. In addition to the cars, players who own the James Bond Car Pack in Forza Horizon 4 will also receive some in-game Bond perks, including two Bond outfits as well as six “Quick Chat” phrases for use in multiplayer to annoy your friends with.

Here’s the full lineup of James Bond Edition cars inspired by the films in the Best of Bond Car Pack:
  • 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
  • 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
  • 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
  • 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
  • 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
  • 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
  • 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
  • 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
  • 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)
Influence in Forza Horizon 4

Starting with the launch of the Forza Horizon 4 demo, players will begin to earn “Influence” in Forza Horizon 4 when watching the demo being streamed. Influence represents a player’s progression in Forza Horizon 4 and is essential for the game’s Horizon Life campaign.

Whatever you do in-game, you’ll be earning Influence as you go, whether that’s by completing campaign missions, performing stunts, taking photographs, creating (liveries, tunes and Blueprints), and even streaming or viewing on Mixer.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Reactions: Creaky

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...