Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread

Some Random Guy

The new Formula 1 season is just over a month away. The 70th Formula 1 World Championship, the 1000th grand prix. This is going to be a historical year.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Some teams have revealed their cars for the new season. I quite like the Renault livery.

Renault

HAAS

New Torro Rosso

Williams will be now known as 'Rokit Wiliams Racing'.

Racing Point

New year, new identity. The team formerly known as Force India but later christened Racing Point pulled the covers off their 2019 challenger at the Canadian International Autoshow in Toronto.

Mercedes

Red Bull

Not sure if this is preseason livery or the full thing.

  • Like
Reactions: Birdman

Not sure if this is preseason livery or the full thing.
I suspect it'll be another pre-season livery to try and hide stuff, they've been doing it for years. It's all those lines and angles.

I quite like the Renault livery.
The Renault looks so good from the side but too much yellow from the front.

Mercedes looks good. Got a nose job it seems.

Mercedes looks good. Got a nose job it seems.
It's a good looking car.

One thing I don't like is the front wing end plates (is that even what there called) there too big and too square.

Alfa Romeo promised a radical shape and interesting innovations to their car. Looks like they weren't kidding!

McLaren also launched today - "a better tomorrow". They will certainly be hoping so.

2019 Driver List (including car numbers)

44 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport)
77 Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport)
5 Sebastian Vettel (Scuderia Ferrari Mission Minnnow)
16 Charles Leclerc (Scuderia Ferrari Mission Minnnow)
33 Max Verstappen (Aston Martin Red Bull Racing)
10 Pierre Gasly (Aston Martin Red Bull Racing)
3 Daniel Ricciardo (Renault F1 Team)
27 Nico Hulkenberg (Renault F1 Team)
8 Romain Grosjean (Rich Energy Haas F1 Team)
20 Kevin Magnussen (Rich Energy Haas F1 Team)
55 Carlos Sainz Jnr (McLaren F1 Team)
4 Lando Norris (McLaren F1 Team)
11 Sergio Perez (Racing Point F1 Team)
18 Lance Stroll (Racing Point F1 Team)
7 Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team)
99 Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team)
26 Daniil Kvyat (Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda)
TBA Alexander Albon (Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda)
63 George Russell (Williams Racing)
88 Robert Kubica (Williams Racing)

  • Like
Reactions: Slenderman
Slenderman

Slenderman

Alfa Romeo promised a radical shape and interesting innovations to their car. Looks like they weren't kidding!
Sauber have a strange front wing. I wonder did they spot a loophole in new regulations. What's the bets Ferrari and Haas have something similar?

Ferrari looks to have copied the McLaren nose from last year?

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer