Member

Sad Professor

Active member
Is Bottas starting to get it together or is Hamilton just in one of his moods?
Bottas still doesn't have that edge for me. He got his elbows out at the start but he's not a credible championship challenger in my eyes.

Birdman
Member

Birdman

Active member
Back to France after nearly a 10-year absence and the first time since 1989 at Paul Richard

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDf-Se6CU8AAl1qf.jpg%3Asmall&hash=bd7f806059c50d3afbcd876f16e17396

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fd2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.net%2Fsv%2F2.183%2Fdir%2F3d1%2Fimage%2F3d1f83c03defb91b0cf6ac564d5c1b10.jpg&hash=858636ba5430df2611105ae95e9b1e1f

Nice to be on a track that nobody has any real experience on.

Donator
Member

Major Tom

Administrator
Visually this track is a mess, lines all over the place and random bits of tarmac everywhere with the multi configuration layouts.

Also the pit exit smack bang on the racing line, wouldn't surprise me to see an incident there at some point in the weekend.

Birdman
Member

Birdman

Active member
Qualifying was all about Leclerc, P8 in that car! Great effort.

Hamilton on pole and Bottas second. You'd expect the Mercedes to win this quite easily.

SteveO
Member

SteveO

Well-known member
Should be straightforward enough for Mercedes tomorrow unless Vettel gets off the line well or they just mess up their own race. Not expecting great things.

Qualifying was all about Leclerc, P8 in that car! Great effort.
Charles Leclerc done brilliant in the Sauber. Great to see Sauber so competitive again.

Zidane
Member

Zidane

Active member
I hate the look of the French track. It’s like one of them optical illusion pictures at times

Bandit
Member

Bandit

Well-known member
Not the worst GP this year but no classic.

Easy victory for Hamilton as he regains the drivers' championship lead as he finishes ahead of Verstappen in second and Raikkonen in third.

Donator
Member

Major Tom

Administrator
Just heard Alonso's radio message. Can't see him sticking McLaren for another season.

Bandit
Member

Bandit

Well-known member
Just heard Alonso's radio message. Can't see him sticking McLaren for another season.
Yeah, he sounded like he's had enough of F1 development driving.
It's not a big surprise, he's been eyeing that "big 3" for a few years now.

SteveO
Member

SteveO

Well-known member
Seriously, what on earth were Mercedes thinking? Over confidence in car performance? Unless we see something spectacular that decision not to pit under safety car has cost him the win. Seemed stupid at the time and even worse now in hindsight.

It's not the first time a pit call has cost Mercedes, why are they not learning?