Formula 1 2018: Discussion Thread

Some Random Guy

So many costly mistakes by Vettel and Ferrari lately. They really have handed the title to Hamilton.

Jason

Jason

For me, it was a bit too risky a move by Vettel. I thought the move was okay and he was mostly along side, but Max is not really a driver to take risk with. Wonder did he know Verstappen had the 5-second penalty, worst case he should have been able to pass during the stop

Russell joins Williams for 2019

Great signing for Williams, much better than a pay driver
Tbh, I'd say whatever deal was made between Mercedes and Williams would be quite a financial benefit to Williams anyway. Both their seats were available to buy and Mercedes probably just had a better position to get one of the seats given they supply the team their engine.

Leclerc, Gasly, Norris, Giovinazzi, Russell mean a lot of good youngsters on the grid next year. And Stroll is young as well.

Who's favourite then for the second seat? Stick with Sirotkin or give it to Kubica?

Back to Hamilton country after Ferrari preferring tracks. Hamilton won the Austin race already five times out of six races. The only other win happened by Vettel in 2013. Realistically Vettel can only drag the decision out to the next race.

All sessions on Sky F1, C4 and the Online Service

Friday October 19 Free Practice 1, 16:00-17:30
Friday October 19, FP2, 20:00-21:30
Saturday October 20, FP3, 19:00-20:00
Saturday October 20, Qualifying, 22:00-23:00
Sunday October 21, Race, 19:10-21:10

Last edited:

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Janey's recipe Slow Cooker Vegan Bean Chilli with Like Like.
    8 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced 450g/1lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 2cm/¾in chunks 1 yellow pepper, seeds...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Game of Thrones theme song.
    Pretty epic.
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Pavarotti (2019).
    Excellent, will need to look out for it :)
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Sazzy's post in the thread Pavarotti (2019) with Love Love.
    Looking forward to this. Such a beautiful voice. @Gemma, one for you lovely xXx
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Geezer's post in the thread Game of Thrones theme song with Like Like.
    Get into the mood for the series finale with this awesome rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Tyson Fury beat Wilder in everyone except the judges eyes without particularly testing his chin. Joshua, and possibly even Whyte, would...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    Information on The Coalition’s upcoming Gears 5 has been few and far between, but the developers have nonetheless at least been sharing...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Slenderman's post in the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City with Like Like.
    Great player and leader around the club. His career has been a little blighted by injuries but he oozes class. His goal against...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Agreed. One of the best CBs in the Premier League of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Games Have You Completed Lately.
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - great, great game, really loved the story, the world and most of the gameplay. My type of gaming experience