Motorsport Formula 1 2018: Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

So many costly mistakes by Vettel and Ferrari lately. They really have handed the title to Hamilton.

Jason
Staff member

Jason

For me, it was a bit too risky a move by Vettel. I thought the move was okay and he was mostly along side, but Max is not really a driver to take risk with. Wonder did he know Verstappen had the 5-second penalty, worst case he should have been able to pass during the stop

Russell joins Williams for 2019

Great signing for Williams, much better than a pay driver
Tbh, I'd say whatever deal was made between Mercedes and Williams would be quite a financial benefit to Williams anyway. Both their seats were available to buy and Mercedes probably just had a better position to get one of the seats given they supply the team their engine.

Leclerc, Gasly, Norris, Giovinazzi, Russell mean a lot of good youngsters on the grid next year. And Stroll is young as well.

Who's favourite then for the second seat? Stick with Sirotkin or give it to Kubica?

Back to Hamilton country after Ferrari preferring tracks. Hamilton won the Austin race already five times out of six races. The only other win happened by Vettel in 2013. Realistically Vettel can only drag the decision out to the next race.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDpjNJygU0AAouc2.jpg%3Asmall&hash=498263e24e293f97f53641d4086e4fcb

All sessions on Sky F1, C4 and the Online Service

Friday October 19 Free Practice 1, 16:00-17:30
Friday October 19, FP2, 20:00-21:30
Saturday October 20, FP3, 19:00-20:00
Saturday October 20, Qualifying, 22:00-23:00
Sunday October 21, Race, 19:10-21:10

Last edited:

Isn't qualifying on at 10pm? The above times look out of kilter.
Yes it is. I was looking at the wrong race details :rolleyes: