Latest Community Activity

  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Dead Cells (Motion Twin).
    Motion Twin and Evil Empire have announced that additional content will continue to come out for Dead Cells in 2020, starting with a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread No Man's Sky.
    No Man’s Sky update version 2.23 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for this update...
  • David76
    David76 reacted to Zidane's post in the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    Hull relegated Watford in relegation form when sacked. Everton bottom 3 If he gets another Premier League job its a joke.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Everton have announced that Duncan Ferguson will take temporary charge of the first-team and manage the Blues for their clash against...

Football Manager 2020 (1 Viewer)

Micro Dave

Micro Dave

Probably a stupid question but is it better to buy the disk or purchase the download via steam or is there any difference at all?
You don't need the disc to play so you are probably better buying digital. I think places like CDKeys and Shopto will have cheaper options than Steam and you might also pick up a deal for Black Friday.

  • Agree
Reactions: Best
Best

Best

Anyone else finding the finances impossible to keep on top of? I'm managing Sunderland, we’re in the championship at the minute with the 16th highest wage budget in the league, and yet we lose £1m a month.

Biscuit

Biscuit

Anyone else finding the finances impossible to keep on top of? I'm managing Sunderland, we’re in the championship at the minute with the 16th highest wage budget in the league, and yet we lose £1m a month.
I was in the Championship for 2 seasons, without transfers we lost about £8m per season so I had to sell players to more than that amount.

We went up a little unexpectedly and it could have been a bit of a grind had we not. The Premier League is easy in comparison in terms f finances.

One on ones seem a lot better for me but three things still really bother me with the match engine:

- Wingers are still getting to the byline and shooting into the side netting instead of cutting it back to the 3 players in the box.

- The whole ‘player going on a long dribble and missing right at the end’ thing is still too common.

- Players having shots that nearly go out by the corner flag. Or just shots in general that are crazy wide of the goal. It happens like once a game for me. Players get through on goal or just have an opening and the shot is just a bizarre amount of wide.

Micro Dave

Micro Dave

- The whole ‘player going on a long dribble and missing right at the end’ thing is still too common.

- Players having shots that nearly go out by the corner flag. Or just shots in general that are crazy wide of the goal. It happens like once a game for me. Players get through on goal or just have an opening and the shot is just a bizarre amount of wide.
The above 2 are so common. Now if anyone starts running with the ball I know its ending up in the side netting.
And given that I have my team (Man United) set to run with the ball, Luke Shaw and Bissaka seem to have "great run but missed in the end" at least 3-4 times every game.

We tend to miss a lot of penalties too, no matter who takes it. Glitch or too realistic??

Gromit

Gromit

- Wingers are still getting to the byline and shooting into the side netting instead of cutting it back to the 3 players in the box.

- The whole ‘player going on a long dribble and missing right at the end’ thing is still too common.
This drives me absolutely mental. There is a new patch out this week, hopefully it addresses this.

Staff member Staff member Staff member
Started with Bolton, a massive challenge with feck all money and the 12 point deduction. 10 games in and I'm on 2 points now though so doing alright, some good results too with wins vs Ipswich, Sunderland & Portsmouth in there. A relatively big amount of youth prospects in the squad as well which surprised me, 15 players in total with either 4 and a half or 5-star potential who are 19 or younger. Going to be a struggle at the end of the season though financially as there's nobody to really sell and with £500k p/m being paid against a £40m loan it's not going to look great.