Food Likes and Dislikes (1 Viewer)

Strange - I love Bakewell tart or anything confectionary with almond but I hate marzipan.

Also, I dislike chickpeas but adore hummus!

No idea why. What are some of your food likes and dislikes?

Was just taking about this this evening! I love raspberry flavoured things but don't like raspberries. My wife loves chocolate but doesn't like anything chocolate flavoured like ice cream...weirdos!!

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

I hate tomatoes but like tomato-based sauces. Wife likes tomatoes but hates tomato-based sauces.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma
Gromit

Gromit

I generally don't like anything with an aniseed flavour. That ranges from aniseed itself to fennel to celery to carraway.

I do like it if the flavour is actually well-balanced with others, such as in a soffritto, or as spicing in a curry. I'd actually always used a few fennel seeds in any mild curry, as it just creates a lovely savoury taste. But if it's the main flavour of a dish, I just can't face it.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma
LouLou

LouLou

I love almonds but absolutely hate almond essence. Most marzipan and cakes have got almond essence in them, a chocolate bar with almonds usually would not. I remember seeing some chef making his own marzipan and thought it was all going well then he dumps in that muck at the end.

The essences are apparently made from a different type of almond.

  • Like
Reactions: Aimie and Gemma
Emma

Emma

love tuna but even the smell of tinned tuna turns my stomach
I'm exactly the same.

Love coffee, hate coffee flavoured anything.
Love almonds, hate anything almond flavoured.
Love chocolate, don't like chocolate icecream.
Love paté, hate liver.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...