Food Likes and Dislikes (1 Viewer)

Strange - I love Bakewell tart or anything confectionary with almond but I hate marzipan.

Also, I dislike chickpeas but adore hummus!

No idea why. What are some of your food likes and dislikes?

Was just taking about this this evening! I love raspberry flavoured things but don't like raspberries. My wife loves chocolate but doesn't like anything chocolate flavoured like ice cream...weirdos!!

Reactions: Gemma

I hate tomatoes but like tomato-based sauces. Wife likes tomatoes but hates tomato-based sauces.

Reactions: Gemma
FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

I like salt and vinegar on chips but don't like salt and vinegar crisps
I'm the opposite - don't like salt and vinegar on my chips but love salt and vinegar crisps!

Reactions: Gemma
Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
I generally don't like anything with an aniseed flavour. That ranges from aniseed itself to fennel to celery to carraway.

I do like it if the flavour is actually well-balanced with others, such as in a soffritto, or as spicing in a curry. I'd actually always used a few fennel seeds in any mild curry, as it just creates a lovely savoury taste. But if it's the main flavour of a dish, I just can't face it.

Reactions: Gemma
LouLou
Staff member

LouLou

Jun 18, 2018
I love almonds but absolutely hate almond essence. Most marzipan and cakes have got almond essence in them, a chocolate bar with almonds usually would not. I remember seeing some chef making his own marzipan and thought it was all going well then he dumps in that muck at the end.

The essences are apparently made from a different type of almond.

Reactions: Aimie and Gemma

love tuna but even the smell of tinned tuna turns my stomach

Reactions: Emma
Emma
Staff member

Emma

love tuna but even the smell of tinned tuna turns my stomach
I'm exactly the same.

Love coffee, hate coffee flavoured anything.
Love almonds, hate anything almond flavoured.
Love chocolate, don't like chocolate icecream.
Love paté, hate liver.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...