Food Likes and Dislikes (1 Viewer)

Strange - I love Bakewell tart or anything confectionary with almond but I hate marzipan.

Also, I dislike chickpeas but adore hummus!

No idea why. What are some of your food likes and dislikes?

Was just taking about this this evening! I love raspberry flavoured things but don't like raspberries. My wife loves chocolate but doesn't like anything chocolate flavoured like ice cream...weirdos!!

Reactions: Gemma

I hate tomatoes but like tomato-based sauces. Wife likes tomatoes but hates tomato-based sauces.

Reactions: Gemma
FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

I like salt and vinegar on chips but don't like salt and vinegar crisps
I'm the opposite - don't like salt and vinegar on my chips but love salt and vinegar crisps!

Reactions: Gemma
Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
I generally don't like anything with an aniseed flavour. That ranges from aniseed itself to fennel to celery to carraway.

I do like it if the flavour is actually well-balanced with others, such as in a soffritto, or as spicing in a curry. I'd actually always used a few fennel seeds in any mild curry, as it just creates a lovely savoury taste. But if it's the main flavour of a dish, I just can't face it.

Reactions: Gemma
LouLou
Staff member

LouLou

Jun 18, 2018
I love almonds but absolutely hate almond essence. Most marzipan and cakes have got almond essence in them, a chocolate bar with almonds usually would not. I remember seeing some chef making his own marzipan and thought it was all going well then he dumps in that muck at the end.

The essences are apparently made from a different type of almond.

Reactions: Aimie and Gemma

love tuna but even the smell of tinned tuna turns my stomach

Reactions: Emma
Emma
Staff member

Emma

love tuna but even the smell of tinned tuna turns my stomach
I'm exactly the same.

Love coffee, hate coffee flavoured anything.
Love almonds, hate anything almond flavoured.
Love chocolate, don't like chocolate icecream.
Love paté, hate liver.