Game Listing Far Cry 5 (Ubisoft) (1 Viewer)

Platform(s)
Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
Players
1
Co-op
Yes
Genre(s)
Action, Sandbox, Shooter
Release Date
Mar 27, 2018
Developer
Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher
Ubisoft
ESRB Rating
Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

Far Cry 5: Lost on Mars will pit you against arachnids and their queens while you collect seven new achievements.

Back in the day, Ubisoft used to release quirky Far Cry spin-offs like Blood Dragon or Primal as standalone games. This time, however, the studio is trying them out as DLC packs for Far Cry 5.

After last month’s Vietnam DLC, we’ll be moving ahead with a sci-fi visit to Mars. And if you want to know what to expect Ubisoft has unveiled the official achievement list (via True Achievements).

You can see the list below in full, complete with each achievement’s Gamerscore.
  • Welcome to Mars – Reboot the Terminal on top of the Control Center Antenna. 20
  • Bug Squasher – Perform 10 takedowns on Arachnids using the Power Glove. 20
  • Mars Second Amendment – Buy 12 weapons. 40
  • Slimy Death – Hit 10 Arachnids with Crabmones. 20
  • Nick’s Story – Complete the game (Host Only). 50
  • The Queen is Dead! – Kill all the Queens (Host Only). 50
  • Martian Journal – Collect all of Larry’s notes (Host Only). 100
While the Mars DLC release date isn’t confirmed, this reveal likely means it will arrive within a week. Ubisoft also updated the core game with a photo mode in a recent update.

The Far Cry 5 DLC Lost on Mars will arrive on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on Tuesday, July 17.

Part of the Season Pass, Lost on Mars is the second of three post-launch content offerings.

In it, players will travel to Mars as Nick Rye who is tasked with eradicating an alien threat.

Here’s the synopsis:

Nick Rye is teleported hostile planet to help his buddy Hurk thwart an alien invasion of Earth. This adventure gives players a new arsenal of alien weaponry, including the Blaster of Disaster, Hellfire and Morphinator, while also introducing a new transversal tool with Space Jets. Humankind’s future is in the hands of the game’s most notorious guns-for-hire. Time to squash some bugs.

Those who download the DLC will gain access to new weapons: Obliteratorrrr, Taser Phazer Annihilazer, Nerve Reaper, Grape Popper and Hellfire. Each can be used in the core game.

View media item 98
In addition, all Far Cry 5 players will have access to new Mars-themed assets in Far Cry Arcade, which is available now. Map builders can use these assets for their existing maps or create entirely new maps.

The third and final Far Cry 5 DLC, Dead Living Zombies, will be released in August alongside additional asset drops.

Far Cry 5: Lost on Mars can be purchased as a stand-alone DLC, as part of the season pass or the Gold Edition.

So I've been playing the last few days and I have mostly been doing stuff in one area but now there are planes hunting me. Should I go to another area to level up more?

The third part of the season pass (which may or may not be the end of DLC in general) arrives on August 28, and it's called Dead Living Zombies. It's framed as an adventure featuring a "D-tier" director named Guy Marvel, and has "seven different film scenarios" in tow with room for score attack concessions after they're completed, and weapons/gear that translates back to the main campaign.

Ubisoft announces New Game Plus, a new difficulty level, and unlockable outfit in the Far Cry 5 Title Update 10.

Far Cry 5’s latest update is live, and players can now take advantage of New Game Plus, both in solo and co-op, and crank up the difficulty to the newly introduced Infamous level.

New Game Plus will retain your progression from your original save file, carrying over your weapons, gear, vehicles, money, outfits, prestige items, and any unspent perk points. It’ll also keep your Challenge and Arcade progression.

If you can’t get enough of Hope County and end up running multiple playthroughs, you’ll be pleased to hear that each new game retains your progress, making you stronger and stronger with each new game you start.

Additionally, some perks can be stacked, so if you have spare points floating around, you can sink them into the ammo bags, or cooldowns, to make the most of them.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F08%2Ffar-cry-5-rook_outfit_female.jpg&hash=90e8540848085e036c9494891cf933fe

If you’re a glutton for punishment, you can try out the new Infamous difficulty level.

The AI hit harder, have more health, and will react more quickly when you’re poking around nearby.

If you try out New Game Plus on Infamous, you’ll unlock the Rook Outfit, and earn a Ubisoft Club Badge along with a trophy or achievement.

Fary Cry 5 Title Update 10 is live now.

Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Today, 17:55
Oct 6, 2018
Started playing this on the PC last night, reasonably impressed so far. I know everyone says Far Cry 3 is the best but I found that unbearably repetitive after a few hours, Far Cry 5 is similar (maybe a little too much so....) but I find it a bit more dynamic despite the silly storyline. Looks great though and the combat is satisfying. AI a bit too dumb for my liking though.