Game Listing Far Cry 5 (Ubisoft) (1 Viewer)

Platform(s)
Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
Players
1
Co-op
Yes
Genre(s)
Action, Sandbox, Shooter
Release Date
Mar 27, 2018
Developer
Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher
Ubisoft
ESRB Rating
Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

The game is set in the fictional Hope County, Montana, where a preacher named Joseph Seed has risen to prominence. Seed believes that he has been chosen to protect the people of Hope County from an "inevitable collapse" and has established a congregation called Eden's Gate. Ostensibly, this is to fulfill his mission of leading the people to salvation in reality, Seed is a radical preacher and Eden's Gate is a militaristic doomsday cult. Under his rule, Eden's Gate has used both coercion and violence to forcibly convert the residents of Hope County, and intimidation to keep them from contacting the outside world for help. When an attempt to arrest Seed ends with the deaths of several lawmen, the player is swept into the armed conflict between Eden's Gate and the remaining Hope County residents, who are organizing themselves into a resistance movement.

The player takes on the role of a sheriff's deputy who is part of the task force sent to Hope County to arrest Seed. Seed has assumed the title of "the Father" and maintains control over Hope County with the aid of his siblings, known as "the Heralds": Jacob, a former military officer that oversees their armed soldiers; John, a lawyer that has been able to acquire much of the land in Hope County for Eden's Gate; and Faith, who acts as a pacifist to bring the people to believe and trust in her older brother. The residents of Hope County opposed to Seed include Pastor Jeffries, a local church leader that has seen his congregation taken by Eden's Gate; Mary May, a bartender whose father was driven to suicide by the cult; Nick Rye, a cropduster pilot who wants to eliminate the influence of the cult in order to build a better future for his children and Grace Armstrong, a mercenary sniper who helps the player in fighting the cultists.

Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_002.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_003.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_004.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_005.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_006.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_008.jpg_600.jpg Far-Cry-5_2017_05-26-17_009.jpg_600.jpg

header.jpg

Graphics Rating
5.00 star(s)
Story Rating
4.00 star(s)
Content Rating
4.00 star(s)
Difficulty Rating
4.00 star(s)
Gameplay Rating
4.00 star(s)

Far Cry 5 isn't clicking with me at all. I don't what it is. Am I burned out with these types of games (I've finished them all except Far Cry Primal), or I am just getting intolerant and lazy in my old age? I loved silently taking down outposts in Far Cry 3 (less so 4), but here I'm just charging in like lunatic with a shotgun. I don't know if its just the map. As pretty as Montana is, it just feels a bit dull to me.

Also, the magically appearing cultists give me flashbacks to Far Cry 2, which is a part of why I felt that game was slightly broken.

header.jpg

  • Like
Reactions: Boozy

I loved silently taking down outposts in Far Cry 3 (less so 4), but here I'm just charging in like lunatic with a shotgun.
Found the same thing with the outposts and stopped doing them altogether unless I needed points to progress. Alarm going off? Don't care. In previous games I was all about sneaking in and taking care of the alarm first then freeing any wild animals to assist me. Here I did that on the first one, all hell broke lose so blasted everything in sight and kept at it for subsequent ones. It was just less hassle.

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit and SteveO

I'm not pushed about alarms either. Just send Cheeseburger in to cause havoc and me and Boomer clean up the stragglers.

Completed the second area, the boss fight was a lot more straight forward. Some sniper on a mountain top. Checks load out and I've left my sniper back in base. Had one rocket left and blew him to kingdom come from the bottom of the mountain. Oddly satisfying but very easy.

Creaky

Creaky

This is the first one of the series I've played since the original one, loving it so far. Only cleared one area so far, taking things very slow and easy.

I loved silently taking down outposts in Far Cry 3 (less so 4), but here I'm just charging in like lunatic with a shotgun.
Found the same thing with the outposts and stopped doing them altogether unless I needed points to progress. Alarm going off? Don't care. In previous games I was all about sneaking in and taking care of the alarm first then freeing any wild animals to assist me. Here I did that on the first one, all hell broke lose so blasted everything in sight and kept at it for subsequent ones. It was just less hassle.
I'm not pushed about alarms either. Just send Cheeseburger in to cause havoc and me and Boomer clean up the stragglers.
Far Cry 4 was the same. In Far Cry 3 I loved doing them all silent, here I couldn't give a damn really.

I0ThousandFists

I0ThousandFists

This is the game I am currently playing...

I am playing through the game Co-op with my son, and it's a blast. I've been waiting for this game since about a month after Primal came out...

If you get a chance, play it... if you get a chance to be online with someone doing the story, don't miss out!

The latest event in Far Cry 5 starts today, and players are tasked with taking out select targets with arrows.

Live events are community-based missions with a special objective for players to complete. Last week’s was “Pickup Blowup”, which saw players taking out peggie vehicles with explosives. Successful players unlocked a muscle car, while the entire community obtained a new outfit.

This week, While Collar Job tasks players with killing Jacob’s Judges or any wolf with arrows. Poor wolves. They always get a bad rap in life and in games.

If you aren’t familiar with Far Cry 5, the Judges are a superior variant of a typical wolf. The animal has been brainwashed by the use of Bliss injections and mind controlling music produced by Jacob Seed. Bastard.

Individuals who collect five collars will earn 100 XP and 50 in cash. Collect 10, and 100 XP will be handed out along with the Shovel Launcher.

The community reward this week is the “Jacob’s Hunter” outfit and 500,000 collars need to be collected.

The White Collar Job event will run from today through May 8. Far Cry 5 events change every Tuesday, so if you miss this one, you have a shot at another next week.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Anyone struggling with the fishing trophies I found this helpful

Zaxxon

Zaxxon

Far Cry 3 is available to download for Season Pass owners. It's around 8.2GB.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...