FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Man United (1 Viewer)

The showpiece finale to the domestic season features two teams that have had disappointing seasons for varying reasons.

United started the season scoring goals for fun but as the season progressed performances dipped and while United improved their points tally on last year by 12 and the final standings by 4 spots, the feeling among United fans, in general, is that next season will be make or break for Jose and that the standard of football must improve. Throw in a humbling exit from the champions league and the pressure is really on the manager voted least likely to kick a puppy.

Chelsea has had a downturn of a whopping 23 points on last years and gone back 4 places in the league. Conte fired shots at Jose last summer when exclaiming that he wished to avoid having "a Mourinho season", a statement which has blown up in his face spectacularly. Conte will surely be out the door after the final whistle, regardless of the result, so one has to assume that he would love it, LOVE IT, to get one over on Jose before his exit.

Jose boasts a very impressive record of 12 out of 14 victories in cup finals so United must be bookies favourites, however, Chelsea are a dangerous outfit and cannot be written off.

If Man United go for it from the start and stop sitting back waiting for things to happen, they should win this comfortably.

If Man United go for it from the start and stop sitting back waiting for things to happen, they should win this comfortably.
This will never happen. For this game to be interesting Chelsea need to score first so United have to actually play football

Think United will win this without having to do much at all. They’ll sit back, defend deep and pick of Chelsea who look like a team that stopped caring six months ago

World class from Hazard there, one of the best first touches you’ll see. Far too slow from Jones. Cool as you like with the penalty too.

Yellow card the right decision by the referee too as Jones made a genuine attempt at the ball.

Just what the game needed. United need to come out and play now

This might come back to bite me but I'd take off Sanchez for Lukaku if I was Mourinho now. A half-fit Lukaku would offer more than Sanchez, who has done nothing but take up space in the first half

All Man United in the second half but Chelsea could and probably should have had a second with Alonso there. They might also have had a second penalty at the end of the same sequence of play.

Eden Hazard might prove to be the match winner but he has been wasteful in the second half. The few times Chelsea have attacked he has tried to do everything himself instead of passing to a teammate in a better position.

Well done Chelsea. They defended well and end a disappointing season with a trophy. If Conte does leave, he can leave knowing he has won his first domestic Cup as a manager.

Not a great game but I don't think it was ever going to be a classic.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...